This position is for a DR Specialist working with a team of IT professionals supporting the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). This team is responsible for supporting the full life-cycle (design, installation, administration, and monitoring) of a Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) solution spanning multiple geographically dispersed datacenters.
A successful candidate will:
- Assess, implement and oversee requirements for implementing DRaaS, which includes the failover of information technology (IT) systems, including hardware, applications and telecommunications.
- Integrate DRaaS processes and procedures in conjunction with response to a crisis, in an effective and timely manner, with the goal of meeting RTO\RPO objectives.
- Create DR IT policies, strategies and procedures and DR plan development as outlined in NIST 800-34
- Provide governance of the DR Program - performing regular DR testing, training and exercise standards as outlined in NIST 800-84
- Ensure DR maintenance by maintaining configuration management and incorporating a formal integrated change management process
- Incorporate tools designed to manage the DR failover process, testing and management of the DRaaS solution
- Collaborate with other VDCs DR Specialist on Enterprise DRaaS requirements.
- Provide rotational weekend and/or after hour crisis management support.
The candidate must be a self-starter, a disciplined worker and have a professional reputation for integrity. The ability to adhere to the highest standards of ethics and professional conduct are an absolute must. The position requires an individual with a record of success as a team member and motivator.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education with 4-8 years of relevant experience; or 2-6 years of relevant experience with a related Master’s degree. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience in implementation, Development and Execution of Disaster Recovery Exercises, Test Case Scenarios and Tabletop Exercises.
- Experience defining and implementing Disaster Recovery and Continuity of Operations programs.
- Familiarity with business continuity program life cycle plans and source deliverables (e.g., risk assessments, business impact assessments, continuity planning, crisis management).
- Strong knowledge of NIST 800-34\84\53 Frameworks.
- 2+ years of experience dedicated to disaster recovery operations and management in the IT industry.
- Must have the ability to work independently on multiple tasks.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), customer service and teaming skills are required.
- Proficient in all key Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage complex high priority deliverables
- Relevant certification(s) such as ABCP, CBCP, CBRM, or CBRITP.
- Strong understanding of computer principles with experience in WAN/LAN, computer software, storage and printing sub-systems and telecommunications as well as IT disaster recovery concepts.
- Understanding of both on-premise, off-premise, cloud and hybrid recovery solutions and methodologies.
Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Info Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.