Leidos is seeking a Senior Database Administrator to support the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of it services, including help desk, deskside support, windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, active directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
The Senior Database Administrator will be a key member of the systems operations and administration (SOA) team and will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in Washington, DC.
This Senior Database Administrator will lead and perform SQL database administration activities at the customer site. Senior level hands-on knowledge of database administration is required for this position, particularly with Microsoft SQL server.
- Lead the database administration activities for the customer data centers coordinate database support activities and work directly with customers to ensure their needs are met perform hands-on database administration tasks, and guide more junior team members in the performance of these tasks all databases to be supported are Microsoft SQL server
- Lead and perform activities associated with database monitoring, management of databases, database backups and restores, index maintenance, integrity checks, account management, performance monitoring, SQL patching, security configuration, and investigations related to database-related failures
- Work in a rapid paced environment, work independently, and lead other team members in doing the same interact with users and evaluate vendor products
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, with the goal of improving and increasingly automating operations
- Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation and maintain standard operating procedures
- Apply security settings and other commercial security best practices
- Provide coaching and review the work of lower level technical staff
- Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations.
- Willing to support production maintenance windows as defined by the customer during non-production hours.
The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will focus on making sure that the customer needs are met quickly and effectively. He or she will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers on site and with staff in the main office in Washington, DC.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and a minimum of 12 years’ experience, or a master’s degree and 10 years relevant experience. An additional 4 years’ experience, and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Team leadership and mentoring experience
- Customer interface experience
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft SQL server, oracle and databases working knowledge of windows and Linux servers
- Working knowledge of Netapp and other storage devices
- Scripting experience
- System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration
- System monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools
- Application of security settings and other commercial security best practices
- Experience with configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining virtual and cloud environments
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment
- ITIL training and/or certification
- Past experience with the Department of Justice
- DOJ or DOD active clearance
- Network knowledge and experience
- SQL DB Certifications
- ITSM knowledge and experience, particularly with ServiceNow
This position requires that a security investigation be completed by the ATR to permit access to customer-sensitive information. Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.