Leidos is looking for a full time Data Architect in Fort Detrick, MD.
The Data Architect / Analyst’s position will create actionable, high-impact plans that improve data integration, data quality and data delivery in support of eIT PMO enterprise systems, applications and IT services. The Data Architect / Analyst is responsible for the design, enablement, enhancement, integration, management of the data architecture and ensuring the integration of data throughout the eIT PMO technical enterprise. The core responsibility will be supporting the Chief Architect along with customer liaisons and the Business Analysist on gathering the data and information requirements for designing IT Services. The Data Architect / Analyst (DA) must work closely with the business so that the data architecture is aligned with and capable of supporting the business strategy. As IT solutions are being developed, the Data Architect / Analyst is responsible for the oversight and realization of associated data reports and data analysis products.
- Gather customer information and data needs in alignment with business IT requirements. Designing data models, analytical structures and data architecture products. Solely responsible for ensuring information integration at the system, application and process integration layers.
- Maintaining eIT PMO data architecture artifacts, models and related documents, via close coordination with the Chief Engineer/Architect, Business Analyst and Service Area Leads (SAL).
- Define data governance strategy to support Information and Data Architecture objectives.
- Design and implement data structures that are efficient, scalable, uphold data integrity and quality, easily maintained.
- Support customer needs for the creation of data reports, presentation and business intelligence.
- Define, design, and oversee implementation of standards and best practices involved in modeling, describing data entities and relationships.
- Plan for and design the integration of existing data sets to enable the centralized discovery and universal availability of data between applications and systems.
- Create diagrams and other visuals to depict the movement and storage of data in the architecture.
- Stay abreast of existing emerging regulatory developments and requirements for data and information in the medical research industry.
- Evaluate and prioritize data and information system requirements in coordination with the business process owners.
- Maintain architectural artifacts such as:
Mapping data sources
System interfaces and data movement
Data storage (structures and tables)
Business function relation
- Support the Chief Architect/Engineer with updates to the System Engineering Management Plan, IT Service Portfolio and associated Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions (WIs), and Templates to facilitate process improvements and incorporate lessons learned.
SECONDARY AND/OR MORE SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Working closely with clients, technicians, and managerial staff.
- Update the Product Baseline.
- Manage the Data Architecture and related Service Portfolio.
- Lead and/or participate on data centric projects
- Work closely with the Service Owners/Product Leads, Front End and Back End Integrators/Developers, Architects and key subject matter experts in defining and delivering solutions
- Work collaboratively with Service Owners/Service Area Leads to facilitate the preparation of features and functionality documentation and updates to configuration documentation in support of product releases
- Coordinate with developers and project team members to triage and resolve incidents
- Contribute to projects from beginning to end with goals of increased efficiency, transparency, integration and quality.
- Provide input to the weekly development and sustainment team meeting.
- Attend weekly functional area team and ad hoc meetings.
- Attend Engineering Review Board meetings and provide input regarding requirements/specifications, release planning, and schedules.
- Attend Configuration Control Board meetings to provide input regarding requirements and releases.
- Peer review and QA various eIT PMO document artifacts.
- Prepares meeting minutes and PowerPoint presentations as needed for briefings to the Government Project Manager (PM).
- Participate as needed in the execution of test scripts for eIT PMO products.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant formal accreditation related to IT services and support is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must in order to interface with multiple teams on business and information management processes.
- Experience in Department of Defense environment preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in the IT field w/ ideal candidate having worked as a DBA
- Must be able to successfully complete a NACI background investigation
- U.S. citizenship.
- Maintain a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Must be able to work independently following a brief period of specific technical training, and also be a strong team player when called upon.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project and Visio)
- An eye for detail and demonstrate the ability to absorb and clearly document complex problems.
- Have an aptitude for continued learning.
- Physical capabilities: work may involve long periods of sitting and or standing.
Knowledge and understanding:
- Data and information architectures, technical structures and development
- Database administration and creation/design
- Business Intelligence (BI) Tools
- Cloud Platforms
- IT Service Management (ITIL)
- SAFe Agile Methodology
- DoD acquisition experience
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 21 CFR Regulations and Guidelines
- Army processes and guidelines
- Be able to understand policies, regulations, and guidelines that must be followed to keep the Project operational.
- Work schedule must be flexible and may require occasional after hours or weekend work to assist the Product Support and Sustainment team with product downtimes
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:NACI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.