Acts as the Functional Lead for a team of Tier I/II/III personnel supporting a 24/7/365 network operations team. The Functional Lead will provide enterprise IT support to include: program management; administration support including inventory management and IT acquisitions support; operations engineering and implementation; operations and maintenance, including Service Desk support and infrastructure, applications and database support; onsite systems administration and hardware support/maintenance; enterprise operations monitoring; cyber security operations; and disaster recovery support.
- The Network Operations Manager shall serve as a team leader for support tasks involving engineering development, integration, interface design analysis, integration of infrastructure, and testing of SW and HW.
- The Network Operations Manager shall perform system-level design and configuration of products including determination of HW, SW, operating systems and other platform specifications to meet project requirements while maintaining interoperability with existing legacy systems.
- The Network Operations Manager shall plan large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and trade/cost studies.
- Candidate must have a total of 10 years of applicable experience. The experience can be a combination of degree and work history. This can be a High School degree and 10 years of work history OR an Associate’s and 8 years, a Bachelors’ and 6 years, a Masters and 4 years or a PhD and 0 years of work history.
Recent, relevant experience as the program manager or deputy on a technical operations program of at least 50-100 FTE personnel in a 24x365 environment.
Candidate should have a current PMP certification and possess excellent interpersonal, personnel management, and communications skills.
A working knowledge of and a certification in ITIL is required.
This position requires ability to satisfy a government administered high-risk screening.
Certifications: PMP, ITIL
Security Clearance Requirement
- Must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph in order to be considered for this position.
- Demonstrated experience with risk management and making recommendations for leveraging network installations and reducing operation costs
- Demonstrated experience with troubleshooting a wide range of LAN, MPLS WAN, and network issues hampering service availability and making recommendations for system fixes and enhancements
- A minimum of five or more years of management experience operating in an ITIL framework
- Demonstrated experience operating and designing a network supporting a dispersed workforce with on premise applications as well as many applications deployed in the cloud
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.