Leidos Corporate Group is seeking a Tier3 Network Administrator with the Corp Leidos Network Operations team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the Leidos Network Infrastructure, support BU activities, and be a team leader. The applicant will be working with a team that uses processes defined by Engineering as well as our vendors.
- Using the tools available to Networking we endeavor to be as proactive with our management of the network.
- Reviewing reports that help with capacity planning or switch ports.
- Reviewing reports that help with capacity planning of our carrier connections.
- Reviewing reports that show repeat network or hardware errors and addressing before the condition becomes customer impacting.
- Addressing break fix / reactive troubles within a the time allotted per our SLA.
- Perform audits of management tools to ensure hardware has been recorded accurately.
- Perform audits of management tools to ensure copies of configurations are being properly recorded.
- Provide support for documentation surrounding outages as well as other break fix events where an understanding and remediation of the event is processed.
- Providing leadership and training to the lower tiers in the team.
- Create Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) and improvement plans for the team.
- Conduct Baseline Configuration Audits (BCAs) prior to each test events.
- Ensure all changes to the process methods and processes are properly approved, communicated.
- Facilitate and distribute meeting minutes for Engineering Change Review Board (ECRB) as required.
- Participate in Technical Review Boards (TRBs) as required.
- Conduct analysis of hardware vulnerabilities as reported by CIS and work with engineering to remediate
- Bachelor’s degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience in Network Management. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrable experience with leading a technical team while working with leadership and engineering to provide new solutions that support company objectives.
- Ability to collaborate well with stakeholders (work closely with the stakeholders).
- Desire to work in a high business tempo environment that spans many LAN/WAN technology disciplines.
- US Citizenship is required due to federal contracts related to this role
- Strong Cisco switching configuration skills
- Strong Cisco Nexus skills
- Strong Cisco VPN / VRF skills
- Strong F5 BIG-IP, F5 Portal, or F5 Load Balancing (VIP) skills
- Strong Aruba or Cisco WiFi skills
- CCNP or equivalent desired
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.