Are you ready for your next mission? Our Defense Group is interested in hiring a Senior Database Administrator to work in our Clarksburg, West Virginia location. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing several databases in a heterogeneous environment. The databases will be in various stages of the Software Development Life Cycle from systems in development to systems in O&M.
About the Work:
This is an information technology system that supports identity superiority by providing the critical capability for warfighters to identify known or suspected terrorists and third country nationals in the course of military operations. DoD ABIS is the authoritative biometrics enterprise system that provides matching, sharing and storing of biometrics data. The capability can receive multi-modal biometrics submissions to include iris, face, palm and finger prints from biometrics collection devices, which will support the warfighter in making, retain, capture, or release decisions. By providing access and responding to requests the system has a direct impact on the availability of critical intelligence information that is of vital interest to DoD and other government agencies.
- Maintaining database availability including backup and recovery System security and auditing support.
- Experience with database patching.
- Supporting the full Software Development Life Cycle of projects as a database expert, including identification of database requirements and implementing those requirements.
Integration of databases with custom applications, interfaces and COTS products.
- Provide technical expertise as a database administrator; participate in the formulation of database engineering best practices; assess feasibility of data models; performance tuning queries; and documentation of database processes and standards.
- An active DoD Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one is required.
- Able to obtain 8570 Compliance within 60 Days (A+ ce, or CCNA, or Net+ ce, Sec+ ce)
- Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with SQL Server and Postgres.
- Experience with backup and recovery strategies and database auditing.
- Experience Oracle, MySQL or Mongo.
- Experience with security and hardening processes.
- Experience with shell scripting to include PowerShell.
- Experience working with a tasking/requirements system and the Agile Process.
- Experience working in AWS Cloud environment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.