Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
An opportunity has arisen within Leidos Innovations UK Ltd for an experienced support analyst to join our team providing Application Maintenance and Support (AMS) services. Based in our Glasgow offices, the analyst should be competent in the management of the investigation and resolution of incidents and have a keen focus on customer support. The analyst should be comfortable taking responsibility for interactions with customers to manage support enquiries, issues and changes and will report directly into the Application Support Manager for the support team. This opportunity provides the analyst with an opportunity to work across a wide variety of technologies supporting a major public sector customer contract.
If you think you’ve got the extraordinary enthusiasm and experience to succeed in this position and become one of our industry experts, then we would love to hear from you.
- Support the Application Support Manager in the provision of application support and maintenance services;
- Support and maintain customer relationships as part of an application support team;
- Contribute to ensuring the skills within the AMS team are kept relevant to changing technologies of which customers take advantage of throughout their service term;
- Work closely with Line Manager to identify personal development opportunities as part of the Leidos Individual Development Plan (IDP) process;
- Work closely with Line manager to identify and fulfil annual goals as part of Leidos annual performance review process.
- Liaise with customers to resolve application support issues;
- Take technical ownership of issues raised by the customer, providing analysis and identification of each issue and seeing issues through to resolution to ensure the efficient and effective provision of the support service;
- As part of the support team, ensure any customer SLA’s are aligned to, avoiding any SLA breaches;
- Respond to requests for assistance from L1, 2 & 3 Service Desk Analysts to ensure resolution of issues within service levels;
- Take Ownership of complex Incidents and Service Requests to ensure that customers can use the business applications with the appropriate access and information required;
- Take ownership of problem records to identify root causes, workarounds and solutions;
- Implement minor software modifications and minor/major projects following quality documented processes to resolve underlying issues and provide improvements;
- Design and provide quotations to facilitate changes and improvements to the application;
- Identification of continual service improvement initiatives as part of application support team;
- Proactively manage applications in order to ensure the on-going availability of the applications and identify improvements;
- Possess expert knowledge of specific applications and provide training for other members of the AMS team in these applications to facilitate knowledge sharing and to be confident when dealing with the customer and other 3rd parties;
- Contribute to quotes and bids with customer knowledge where applicable, ensuring risks are acknowledged and mitigated wherever possible;
- Maintain detailed service support documentation relevant to the customer applications;
- On Call Support out of Office Hours on a support rota basis may be required.
Required Skills and Fit:
- Understanding of ITIL processes and their importance in a support environment with specific consideration to incident, problem, change and release management;
- Ability to working in an application support team providing 3rd line support to external customers (if applicable);
- Ability to work independently and manage time and tasks sufficiently, reporting in to an Application Support Manager;
- Experience of using and supporting a wide range of software products including Visual Studio, GIT, Subversion, SQL Server management Studio;
- Experience of one or all of the following programming languages: C#, VB, VB6 and/or scripting language PowerShell;
- Experience in SQL Server, creating tables, views, stored procedures etc;
- Experience in Azure and related technologies;
- An ability to investigate at the application platform level and trace/review code to identify potential issues;
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills;
- Some experience of 2nd / 3rd line technical support investigation covering bespoke and COTS application issues (if applicable);
- Quick learner;
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written and presentation), including the ability to listen effectively;
- Strong self-awareness, and a capacity to reflect on own practice and to learn from mistakes;
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.