Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
We are seeking self-starting candidates to join our current team to deliver transition and digital transformation of complex and critical solutions within our Civil division. This post can be based anywhere in the UK, though our preference is that you are based in the Midlands.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
In this post as a Scrum Master and Senior Java Software Engineer at Leidos you will take responsibility for extending an existing application that is used daily by various functions within Leidos UK and is critical to operations.
You will work within a small team transforming requirements gathered from all areas of the business and use your technical experience and prowess to transform these requirements into workable solutions. You and your team will have freedom to influence and select effective tooling and processes to ensure efficient delivery of quality code. As project Scrum Master you will co-ordinate development efforts and ensure prioritised backlog items are developed via controlled sprints. You will co-ordinate with the product owner to determine priorities and shape the solution in line with the business’ needs and priorities.
We are keen to grow and leverage numerous benefits from this project that directly support our ambitious growth plans.
Your specific responsibilities include
- Acting as project Scrum Master, arranging and co-ordinating all Agile ceremonies
- Turn requirements into engaging applications using industry standard languages and technologies
- Bringing your knowledge and experience of application architecture, design and development to the benefit of the team and the wider Leidos software engineering community
- Being knowledgeable about development best practices and architectures, and ensure these are followed in your day to day work, including TDD and continuous integration
- Working collaboratively with your project team and the wider software engineering capability
- Be continuously looking for improvement in the team’s processes and technology stack to enable bigger and better ways of work
- Actively support the implementation of continuous integration to enhance deployment processes in line with delivery/release evolution plans
- Pass on your experience to junior engineers through coaching and guidance.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
You will have practical experience of software development using the following technologies as a minimum:
- Java 8 and later
- Spring Framework
- Confluence, Jira, Bamboo to create continuous integration and deployment pipelines
You will have worked in teams that use Agile development methodologies and implemented TDD. Any experience of applying BDD and DevOps principles are welcomed. This position will suit motivated, self-starting software engineers who are happy working in distributed teams.
- Minimum clearance to take up the post is BPSS
- Travel will be very limited but candidates should be prepared for occasional travel to any UK Leidos office
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.