We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to work alongside the Senior Programme Manager for our successful client.
This position is a full time, permanent role and applicants must have (or be able to acquire) SC clearance.
Leidos is a large, multi-national corporation specialising in the management of complex technology programmes. This role fits within the Transport and Energy business in the UK. Working in the air traffic and airports domains, this role is expected to predominantly support our largest UK air traffic management customer.
Leidos heritage companies pioneered the development of modern air traffic control systems in the United States more than 50 years ago. Today our systems handle 75 per cent of the air traffic in the U.S. and approximately 60 per cent of the world’s air traffic. When it comes to air traffic safety and efficiency, Leidos’s proven track record and industry-leading innovations make it the world’s most trusted air traffic control partner. In the UK Leidos has supported NATS since the early 1990s, starting with the development of the current en-route air traffic system, migration and on-going development and support
Specific Job Description:
Leidos is looking for an experienced Project Manager to come on board and successfully support the leadership of a multi-functional team and to manage identified project delivery aspects of a major air traffic control service integration programme:
- Responsibility for managing Project activities and providing strategic direction and corrective actions to ensure that milestones achieve their acceptance criteria on time and within budget
- Ensure that robust Management Plans (including PMP and IMS) are created, maintained and applied in accordance with industry best practice
- Reviewing and approving risk management process recommendations and ensuring the impact of risks is eliminated or significantly mitigated. Expediting matters as necessary to secure efficient completion of the overall Programme
- Ensure contract management and development activities are completed to support the programme (in consultation the Procurement, Finance and Legal)
- Proven track record in successfully delivering projects or task work packages.
- Able to demonstrate experience (minimum 3 years) in Project Management.
- Good interpersonal skills and judgement for dealing with both internal and external stakeholders to develop strong working relations to support achieving objectives.
- Ability to engage and work within a multi-functional programme team comprising both customer, supplier and internal staff with an awareness of engineering principles.
- Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of business, finance and personnel management techniques and the commercial aspects of projects.
- The ability to communicate, negotiate and influence effectively.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with good verbal communication
- Excellent written communication through the use of e-mail, presentations and reports
- Experience leading project teams to deliver to the ideals of project management, on Time, to Budget, at he required Quality.
- Experience of MS Project (eg. Gantt, Timeline, IMS, Reporting)
- Experience of Agile development (e.g. SCRUM)
- Knowledge of database technologies (e.g. Oracle DB, MySQL)
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management principles.
- Air Traffic Management knowledge would be highly advantageous
What do we do for you? :
At Leidos we offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.