Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The Hardware Technician will support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks.
This position will report directly to the Hardware Lead.
- Work with service desk and NORAD/USNORTHCOM customers to fulfill hardware requests
- Maintain, control, inventory and manage hardware accounts
- Provide imaging services for specified hardware
- Lead a Tech Refresh program responsible for 1,500+ items annually
- Leverage NORAD/USNORTHCOM tools to manage and track inventory items
- Provide Setup/Teardown in support of NORAD/USNORTHCOM exercises and/or conferences as needed
- Support the service desk to troubleshoot hardware Issue
- High School diploma and 2 + years of relevant experience
- 8570 IAT I Security+ and experience in applying DPAS principles and standards to manage accounts
- Proven communication skills with the ability to coach account owners
- Able to effectively influence and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication, including the ability to confidently present to all levels of management
- Currently possess an active Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Bachelor's degree in associated field
- DoD-8570 IAT II Certification
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills
- Logistics Background - Ability to be able to manage a large quantity of assets to include tracking asset location and status
- Bench stock Management experience - Ability to keep track of current bench stock and project future needs
- Fielding and maintenance - ability to troubleshoot and repair hardware devices to include: internal computer components, KVM's, Peripheral Devices, Printers
- Experience with imaging using MDT/PXE technology Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
- Familiarization of NORAD/USNORTHCOM missions and DOD regulations and directives
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.