The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) currently has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to develop physics-based, multi-phenomenology sensor modeling, simulation, and rendering software in Chantilly, VA for the Electronic Warfare and Signals Intelligence division. The division’s primarily focus is on research & development and advanced prototyping. Projects involve small, multi-disciplinary teams of engineers working together in spiral or agile development environments to meet aggressive customer schedules aimed at near-term capability demonstrations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Contributing to the design and development of advanced systems as a part of multi-disciplinary teams. These teams are made up of other software team members and subject matter experts from the areas of systems engineering, hardware, software, firmware, machine learning, and image and signal processing.
• Designing, implementing, and testing Java based software codes with embedded GPU extensions for performing physics-based modeling, simulation and rendering tasks associated with various sensor modalities and concepts of operation (CONOPs).
• Continued development and maintenance of a suite of core algorithms and foundation libraries for use by other Leidos application front ends.
• Supporting continuous integration and DevOps based development, including automated build, unit tests and documentation generation.
*Must be eligible to obtain a clearance.
The successful candidate will have the following education/experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science w/ emphasis on Computer Simulation, Computer Graphics and/or Computer Vision with 2-4 years of relevant experience
• 1 year of Java based object oriented software development experience
• 1 year of GPGPU software development experience, preferably with Java based wrappers such as Aparapi, LWJGL or JOGL.
• Experience using Agile and DevOps software tools (Jira, Git/BitBucket, Bamboo, Maven, etc.)
• Experience / understanding of a wide assortment of sensor phenomenologies and physical principles, including those affecting electro-optical (EO) and synthetic aperture radar (SAR) imagery, and radio frequency ( RF) wave propagation
• Experience with computational geometry and numerical methods
• Experience with Ray Tracing, Path Tracing and other rendering techniques
• Master’s Degree in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent with 2 years of relevant experience
• Existing security clearance
• Experience / understanding of satellite orbital modeling and propagation methods, including SGP4
• Experience with the Eclipse integrated development environment (IDE) and Maven dependency management
• Experience developing for Spring Boot web applications
• Experience with cloud-based applications using ActiveMQ or KAFKA message brokers
• Experience with Machine Learning and/or Artificial Intelligence algorithms and libraries
• Experience with High Performance Computing including parallel and distributed computation
• Experience with Model-Based design code generation practices
• Experience with cloud-based computing platforms, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Experience with other programming languages such as MATLAB and Python
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.