The Mission Solutions Group at Leidos is pursuing a government contract with a classified customer in the National Capital Region which requires a Graphics Engineering Lead. The candidate will be responsible for directly and indirectly managing personnel and tasks including graphics design and fabrication, adhesives bonding, specialty fabrication and finishing, leatherworking skills, bookbinding, textiles fabrication and printing across multiple materials. The candidate must also be knowledgeable of equipment and processes, including gases and materials management and storage.
- Manage personnel, project objectives, and project schedules for graphics design, engineering, and production
- Design and develop customized graphics engineering solutions to unique, complex Customer requirements
- Lead team in creating product design and fabrication, managing associated design and fabrication files, and maintaining stock management
- Communicate and interface with internal and external procurement vendors for material acquisition
- Lead and manage the development and direction for associated officer training courses
- Lead efforts to stay abreast of and research industry best practices and advances in technology
- Managed and assess skills of team personnel and provide associate feedback and evaluation
- Lead team in maintaining a safe operating environment in the shop and work closely with the safety officer to adhere to OSHA and EPA regulations
- CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required 5% of the time
- Bachelors degree in graphic design or equivalent and 4 years of relevant experience. Work experience can be used in lieu of degree/work experience
- Experience with managing graphics design and fabrication, adhesives bonding, specialty fabrication and finishing, leatherworking skills, bookbinding, textiles fabrication and printing across multiple materials
- Demonstrated experience leading teams of engineers, including strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience solving complex problems with technical graphic design and manufacturing
- Demonstrated experience using cameras, lighting equipment, cutting tools, laminators, lasers, scanners and printers (card, label, thermal, inkjet) including 3D printers
- Demonstrated ability to operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair graphics shop equipment and tools
- Demonstrated ability to install graphics on plastics, metals, woods, glass, vinyl and fabrics
- Demonstrated ability to reproduce or modify artwork using software
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and adapt quickly to changing requirements
Security Clearance Requirement
- Must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph in order to be considered for this position.
- At least 1 year of experience working with the customer
- Demonstrated experience in project management
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.