Do you enjoy prototyping and experimenting with new software? Do you enjoy picking up a new piece of technology and learning it back to front? Do you have an interest in cyber security?
Leidos is seeking a talented engineer to become immersed in and contribute to a mission-critical cybersecurity effort. In order to secure sensitive information, Leidos is developing a comprehensive identity and access management (IAM) system that can be deployed in a variety of real-world scenarios. As an engineer on this team, you will be working closely with IAM subject matter experts to research, define, implement, deploy, and maintain key software components within this platform. You will have a hand in every phase of the product lifecycle, from initial prototyping all the way to production maintenance and integration.
As a member of the Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions team, you will:
- Learn the key services that an IAM system must provide and put them into practice: authentication, authorization, identity, governance, auditing, and analytics
- Design, develop, and maintain an IAM software stack using a mix of commercial and open-source software
- Use automation tools to rapidly build, test, and deploy system components
- Integrate analytics engines to visualize and enhance access control decision making
- Simulate potential failure scenarios, then implement changes to make the system more resilient
- Generate clear and maintainable documentation
- Generate visual media that can explain the benefits of a software tool or system to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical or related field or 1 to 3 years of prior relevant experience
- Equivalent years of experience may substitute for a degree
- TS/SCI Level security clearance is REQUIRED
- Experience with learning, installing, and configuring commercial and open source software
- Experience integrating new components into a larger software stack/system
- Experience working Linux environment
- Basic understanding of the Agile development process
- Demonstrated ability to take a complex technical task from initial scoping to completion
- Excellent written, oral, and visual communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in one or more of the following areas, with a desire to learn the others:
- Linux OS scripting (Bash)
- Software development in a high-level programming language (Java, C#, Python)
- Database setup and integration, both relational and NoSQL (Oracle DB, MySQL, Mongo DB, AWS Dynamo DB)
- Cloud infrastructure platforms (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure)
- DevOps automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Source control and Agile development tools (Git, Maven, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence)
- Analytics and search engines (Elasticsearch, Splunk, Apache Solr)
- 1+ years of experience with identity and access management or work in an adjacent cybersecurity role
- Familiarity with one or more of the following IAM concepts/standards:
- LDAP or MS Active Directory
- PKI and TLS/SSL
- OAuth 2.0
- OpenID Connect (OIDC)
- Highly desired: hands-on experience with the Oracle IAM suite (OAM, OUD, OVD, OIM)
- Or a similar product suite (Sailpoint, ForgeRock, WSO2, Okta, etc.)
- Experience in identity management and governance, to include single sign-on, identity federation, or enterprise directory architecture and design
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.