The Electronics Engineering Technician has three years’ experience in the testing, troubleshooting and repair of electronic equipment. Must be proficient in the use of test equipment including analyzers (signal, network, noise, modulation, power and audio), oscilloscopes, meters, generators (signal, vector), and power supplies in the testing of electronic devices. Experience is preferred in working with Engineering personnel and field personnel. Maintaining detailed test records and test procedures for equipment is essential.
- Demonstrate and lead others in the hands-on capability to configure and operate electronic test equipment and electronic devices
- Three years’ experience using commercial test equipment from Agilent, Keysight, HP, Tektronix and National Instruments including power supplies, multimeters, oscilloscopes, counters, power meters, signal & waveform generators, electronic loads and audio, noise, signal, modulation and power analyzers
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and provide technical solutions to test and inspection issues affecting multiple groups. Analyze issues and present solutions to end customers.
- Four years’ experience with tests including, but not limited to, Voltage Standing Wave Radio (VSWR), Effective Isotropic Radiated Power (EIRP), Signal to Noise + Distortion (SINAD), sensitivity and power consumption
- Lead the team in establishing and updating procedures and documentation related to the test and inspection of electrical devices
- 1 year customer experience
- Communicate regularly with Customer management, Requirements officers, T&I officers and the contract PM on the status of the testing being performed
- Bachelors of Science degree or higher in Electronics Technology and at least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrate strong written/verbal communications, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills including willingness and ability to document and share information.
- Able to work well in a team environment and as an individual contributor.
- Microsoft Office, Outlook
Security Clearance Requirement
- Must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph in order to be considered for this position.
- ISCET Journeyman Certification in Industrial, Communications and Computer Technology or equivalent
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Signal Processing Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.