The Defense group of Leidos has an opening for a Cyber Security Operations Center Analyst to be located in Colorado Springs, CO.
Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The Cyber Security Operations Center Analysts will support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, problem and change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks. Cyber Security Operations Center Analysts provide support to implement Leidos IonIA for cyber threat mitigation and Proven Analytic-Centric Kill Chain Implementation and Transformation (PACKIT) to obtain steps that an adversary must go through to achieve their goal.
This position will report directly to the Cyber Security Operations Center Lead, with regular interaction with the Cyber Security Manager and government POCs.
- Responsible for supporting the development and fielding efforts including testing/installation of operating systems and application lock-down consistent with the current status of cyber security regulations.
- Apply current cyber and Risk Management Framework (RMF) protocols to complex server, network and interconnected systems to resolve and satisfy the conditions necessary to achieve an Authority to Operate.
- Familiarity with multiple systems that they can function interchangeably within a team of engineers and support a cross functional approach to resolving the myriad of issues confronting applications and systems operating within a highly complex and interconnected networked environment.
- Capable of taking ownership of a segment of the solution and pursuing the implementation across multiple technical areas.
- Experience with the application of DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to operating Systems, Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) monitoring and application, system vulnerability scanning and mitigation of findings, and remediation of findings.
- Design, develop, and implement solutions that meet network and system security requirements and perform vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems, networks and applications in conjunction with the tasking being simultaneously performed by the other Cyber professionals, network staff, other corporate teammates and resident Government staff.
- Define solutions, communicate it to the stakeholders, convince them it is adequate, and then implement it within the context of a larger effort.
- Identification of network, system, and/or user cyber threat activity.
- Implement appropriate countermeasures to deter and stop cyber threat.
- Cyber vulnerability analysis and response.
- Execution of downward directed Defensive Cyber Operations actions.
- Execution of Information Condition (INFOCON) or Cyber Protection Condition (CPCON) Maintain up to date IP space tracking with subordinate boundaries. Ensure access to the NOC and the CWOC-DCO watch.
- Identify point of contact for all system/IP inquiries from the CWOC for the entire N&NC IP space.
- Provide technical and mission impact assessments and liaise with the CWOC and JCC for all Cybersecurity related incidents.
- Provide appropriate technical course of action analysis for cyber threat response based on vulnerabilities, architecture, and defense in depth strategies in place.
- Provide root cause analysis for vulnerability exploitation and attack realization.
- Report to the CWOC any security vulnerability produced as a result of the implementation of defensive cyber efforts
- Compile daily reports.
- Monitor systems and directives for compliance.
- Bachelor’s and 4+ years relevant experience, additional experience or appropriate certifications in lieu of degree.
- Current DoD 8570 IAM II CompTIA Security+ce and CASP+ce Certification.
- Current Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI.
- Experience in Federal Information System Management Act (FISMA) reporting, DoD Information Technology Portfolio Repository (DITPR) and other information assurance assurance-related compliance reporting.
- Supports Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation (C&A) and associated IA processes, procedures, and activities with capability and expertise to implement DoDD 8530.1, DoDD 8500.2, DoDI 8510.1, DoDI 8510.01 and other applicable NIST and CNSS IA directives, instructions, guidelines.
- Experience recommending additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Experience supporting the formal Cybersecurity/IA testing required by government accrediting authorities, and preparing System Security Plans.
- Familiarity with NORAD/USNORTHCOM systems.
- CISSP/CISM Certification.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.