Leidos’s Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group currently has an opening for a Functional Area Expert II in Austin, TX. The candidate will support FSC Development. The selected candidate must have experience with the analysis of business, functional, technical, activities, and events. Analyst is responsible for working with users and customers to document and strategist for process improvements for current business processes (business process re-engineering). Responsible for providing market research on conditions that impact the overall operational efficiency of an organization and identifying symptoms for process improvement.
- Conduct analysis on problems independently, research and recommend solution alternatives, and execute remedial steps to address business process gaps, data issues, and external interface issues.
- Provide functional support for implementation activities, such as requirements analysis, development of design and configuration document, system testing.
- Conducting security control assessment interviews with information system security stakeholders, collect and review artifacts and evidence for compliance with security controls, document and update security assessment results.
- Provide planning, scheduling, networking and coordination assistance involving implementation and integration efforts and related monitoring/tracking programs.
- Provide recommendations to management and staff who directly affect the conduct and attainment of goals
- Perform analysis to inform functional requirements and provide support for working groups, committees and/or chartered boards
- Functional areas supported: Leadership and Governance Support, Product Lifecycle Management, Knowledge Translation, Human Subjects Protection, Health Services Research, Research Portfolio Management, Technology Transfer.
- Test to ensure systems meet specifications, write user manuals and other documentation, and train existing users on new capabilities.
- B.S. in Degree in engineering, or a related scientific or technical discipline is required and 10 years of experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Eight additional years of experience may be substituted for education.
- Strong technical writing skills to clearly, logically, and succinctly communicate project-related information, within VA at the commensurate comprehension and reading level for the audience.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently, and have strong oral communication , with strong conceptual and systems-thinking abilities and problem-solving skills
- Advanced of Microsoft Office business suite, strong skills in Excel; Strong skills in PowerPoint.
- Be flexible to put in the hours needed to meet tight deadlines; Flexibility to work around client's schedule. Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust, Federal requirement
- Specialized experience working with Government classified or sensitive systems.
- Experience with federal financial systems preferred.
- Experience with federal accounting principles preferred.
Experience with Momentum Financials a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Process
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.