Are you interested in continuing your career with US AFRICOM in a mission focused environment? Leidos has established positions throughout the European theater supporting multiple customers for the Department of Defense. We are looking for experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support enablement AFRICOM’s mission objectives.
Leidos has an excellent opportunity for an experienced. customer focused, Cyber Security Engineer (CSE). This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, US AFRICOM located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. This position is required to travel OCONUS. You must also hold an active DOD Top Secret SCI clearance to qualify for this role.
In this position, you will:
- Supervise and manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of business systems which may be mainframe, mini, or client/server based.
- Optimize system operation and resource utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning.
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using business systems.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- Possess experience in interfacing with both client managers and system users.
- Demonstrate competence in all areas of information systems security, including network, application, database, physical, web vulnerabilities and common security design flaws.
- Possess a deep understanding of the DoD 8570.0 requirements and, Risk Management Framework processes.
- Leads a team of Information Systems Security personnel while they develop and maintain a formal Information Systems Security program.
- Develops, implements and enforces US AFRICOM/DoD regional or command unique IA policies and comply with ITMO established IA requirements for units connecting to the enterprise.
- Develops the Information Assurance Vulnerability Assessment (IAVA) schedule, perform scanning and documentation of results.
- Demonstrates ability to speak well in front of an audience and be able to present Information Assurance Briefs to high ranking personnel and be able to give Information Assurance presentations to incoming personnel in a clear, concise but comprehensive manner.
- Coordinates, schedules, and/or conducts training for all Information Systems Security Analysts to include but not limited to RCERT training to conduct IAVAs.
- Performs the duties listed in Section 5.9, DoDI 8500.2.
- BA/BS 8+ years recent specialized cyber security experience, a Master's Degree and 6+ years or equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must hold and maintain active Top-Secret Clearance with SCI
- Must hold a current DoD 8570.01. IAM III
- Must hold CEH, CRISC certification
- Experience (3 years) supporting a Combatant Commands Cyber Security mission requirements.
- TESA eligibility
- ITIL v3 - Foundation
- Experience with Microsoft SCCM
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
- Must have experience with SIEM, log analysis, vulnerability analysis, and some scripting experience.
- Intel Security Certified Product Specialist – ePO, DLPe, ESN
- Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
- CITS III
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.