Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Operations has an opening for a Database Architect. The selected candidate must be an experienced Database Architect with a strong Database background to join a large, dynamic program. This program is a complex multi-discipline project that uses COTS database products, including MySQL Database and Mongo Database as well as several custom MS Access-based applications. The candidate should be familiar with these products and be able to support each through the entire lifecycle from design/development through delivery and operational support. The candidate should provide technical expertise in providing business application solutions. Also, Determine database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems; Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.specify designs for failure recovery, disaster recovery, performance tuning, and security procedures and advice contractor project teams on the design of complex databases (e.g., schema and subschema details). The candidate should utilize his/her understanding of hardware/software, communication environments and related peripheral equipment and should define specialized aspects of user's data base administrator documentation and perform detailed comparisons of various data base systems.
- Work on a small, highly skilled team, which supports mission critical systems by providing technical database support and establishing innovative, time sensitive solutions.
- Multi-task and adapt to change, and possess strong organizational and communication skills. Additionally, the candidate must be
- Develops and executes backup and archival policies and procedures
- Monitors, administrates, and implements performance on database systems as well as database performance optimization, develops/changes database indices, redesigns database structure and reloads data into a database
- Performs disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data.
- Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements.
- Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes.
- Support installation of database management systems, databases, tables and views
- Support the administration and use of current and emerging database tools, strategies and technologies
- Plans database upgrades by maintaining, evaluating, and improving a transaction processing model. Configuring storage systems software to meet requirements
- Supports database performance by monitoring database performance; evaluating and resolving processing and programming problems; designing database management tools; answering user questions.
- Supports application design by contributing expertise to applications, operations, and technical teams.
- Design, architect, and build databases from determining business requirements to planning and deploying test and production systems
- Ability to help design and develop logical and physical database designs from customer requirements
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Requires BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Data Management and 2 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 4 years of prior relevant experience with database analysis/development/report design/building experience and/or as a DBA with Linux /UNIX environments including shell script development and debugging in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Highly motivated, very detailed oriented, creative, effective, supportive, talented and a self-starter with the ability to take ownership of assigned tasks, independently determine the approach to fixing problems and push to closure on scheduled milestones and energetic team member who will bring true value to the organization.
- Knowledge of database technologies, script writing utilizing PL/SQL, Python, PERL, and/or Java is desirable as well as knowledge of VBA for maintaining MS Access applications.
- Knowledge in SQL, Excel, and HTML, Database Management, Data Maintenance, Decision Making, Problem Solving, OpenCart, Amazon MWS, Process Improvement, Requirements Analysis, Attention to Detail, Database Security, Developing Standards, Database Performance Tuning, Operating Systems
- Knowledge of cloud services and data storage
- Communication skills
- Must be able to interact effectively with developers, system stakeholders, and the Customer
- Federal Contract requires candidate must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green card holder)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance
• At least 3 years of experience in MySQL as a Database Architect
• Database clustering
• Database Security Accreditation processes
• Python, PERL, and/or Java a plus
• Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Cloud Data Warehouse
• Design Oracle Multitenant environments.
• Implement and Manage Oracle Multitenant environments.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.