The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Electronics Technician to work at our Integration and Logistics Center in Chesapeake, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Surface Sonar mission. In this mission, Leidos provides engineering and technical support for the United States Navy’s Undersea Warfare (USW) System.
- Perform installation, evaluation, and test of electrical/electronic systems, combat systems, HM&E equipment.
- Plan and conduct projects for electronic systems of various scopes.
- Review installation drawings and electronic schematics to evaluate plans and troubleshoot issues discovered.
- May supervise small technical team during execution of a project.
- Trains and mentors junior technicians.
- Review test procedures and technical documents, providing feedback and recommendations for change.
- Conduct tests and analyze results.
- Ensure serviceability of equipment delivered to installation activities.
- Provide care and protection, maintenance, and inspections of delivered equipment or material.
- Prepare reports detailing progress, remaining work to be completed, and issues encountered.
- Participate in and make recommendations to various working groups.
Requires BS degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience (additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree).
Experience in analysis and repair of electrical equipment
Experience with modification of power systems
Must have active Secret clearance and ability to maintain an Secret Clearance
Copper, fiber, and data cable fabrication experience and qualifications
Expert understanding of NAVSEA Standard Items and Shipboard electrical standards
Ability to obtain and maintain passport
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.