Leidos is seeking Agile DevSecOps Data Scientists to support a critical government customer in the Washington D.C area. This role requires strong analytical skills in data mining, Natural Language Processing (NLP), machine learning algorithms and advanced statistics such as: regression, clustering, and decision trees. Data Scientists collaborate across the organization in designing experiments, prototyping and developing models. Successful candidates will have experience supporting complex Agile programs, systems, software, and cloud implementations. The Leidos team will work in a multiple-Agile team-based DevSecOps approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality.
• Work closely with software developers and business analysts to design and develop analytic services and optimize a Data Science platform framework to produce and analyze results.
• Have a strong background in research design, exploratory analysis, quantitative methods, user interface application design, and experience with customer outreach and engagement.
• Participate in the development of machine learning, data mining, and statistical or graph-based algorithms designed to fuse and analyze massive data sets. Your expertise will ensure the proper implementation and usage of employed algorithms and bring in cutting-edge innovations from industry and academia.
• Leverage knowledge of requirements analysis, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and diagnosis or resolution
• Conduct software development, software integration, statistical analysis, modeling, and simulation all in a rapid DevSecOps environment.
• Experience in supporting cloud database environments, specifically AWS (i.e., EC2, S3, Neptune or Redshift) to include backup and archiving of data.
• Significant experience in one or more scripting languages such as R or Python
• Proficient in one or more big data programming languages, such as Java or Python
• Experience working with a hybrid team of analyst, engineers, and developers to conduct research, and build and deploy complex, but easy-to-use analytical platforms
• Previous experience performing research in Data Analytics or big data
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• U.S. Citizen with the ability to attain a DHS EOD
• Experience supporting Agile projects for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.