Leidos Corporate Group has an opening for a Revenue Accounting Supervisor to join our Corporate Accounting team in Tucson, AZ. This dynamic position interacts with various levels and departments throughout the organization and will play an integral role in ensuring revenue is recognized in accordance with ASC 606.
- Ensure compliance with applicable policies and review contracts to ensure that revenue is recorded in compliance with GAAP.
- Review and analyze contract revenue and fee on a periodic basis.
- Monitor the month-end revenue close for a business unit.
- Manages the daily activities and the staff of revenue accountants under the same business unit.
- Review and approve revenue adjustments ensuring their accuracy and compliance with policy.
- Serve as a primary POC for revenue issues working with team to resolve problems that arise and escalating as needed.
- Attend Quarterly Financial Status Review meetings
- Conduct trainings and assist with policy and procedure updates
- Provide contract review support for various departments and management levels.
- Review Estimates at Completion (EACs) and ensure percentage-of-completion type contracts are appropriate per GAAP and corporate policies.
- Provide internal and external audit support as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business and minimum 8 years of accounting experience is required
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Knowledge of revenue recognition standards and methods per GAAP is required
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Understanding of basic accounting concepts
- Experience with Costpoint and OBI
- Experience with revenue recognition under ASC 606
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Familiar with U.S Government contracting industry
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.