The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Chemical Process Engineer to work in Pueblo, CO and the Pueblo Chemical Agent Destruction Pilot Plant (PCAPP) located on the Pueblo Chemical Depot. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience and expertise to support the United States Chemical Weapons destruction program.
- The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to; performing document reviews, technical research, equipment walk downs, and providing technical input associated with the Systems Contractor activities.
- Observe Systems Contractors’ activities and provide insight related to process issues and provide input to the Government to include technical approach, progress, and potential issues and risks.
- Review of Engineering Change Proposals and temporary configuration changes and provide technical input to the Government pertaining to the justification, cost and schedule impacts, and configuration management requirements.
- Support the Governments Configuration Control Board and provide technical input to assist in resolving technical issues and interface with the Systems Contractor to collect, review, analyze, and evaluate technical data.
- Review Systems Contractor documentation and attend ongoing reviews, status meetings, and discussions.
- This position will be required to perform duties as a shift representative working a 12 hour rotating shift. As a shift representative, provide technical input regarding operations including, but not limited to, the following areas: munition processing operations, maintenance activities, toxic entries, surety, security, emergency response, ammunition surveillance, quality assurance, and environmental compliance.
- Four year degree in engineering, technical discipline;
- Requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the chemical processing industry.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a NACi Clearance.
- Experiences with batch chemical operations or process operations
- Experience with written and verbal communications of technical information
- Must be able to work in a team-based environment.
- Must have the ability to learn and understand new systems processes and technologies.
- Chemical Engineering Degree
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Chemical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.