The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Project and Program Manager at Andrews Air Force Base.
The Project and Program Manager will support all facets of Project Management in support of the 844th Communications Group at all three locations to include; Joint Base Anacostia Bolling (JBAB), Joint Base Andrews (JBA) and the Pentagon. This includes supporting the Air Force District of Washington (AFDW) and Headquarters Air Force (HAF) customers on both NIPRNet and SIPRSet domains. Candidate will be responsible for planning, organizing, securing and managing resources to bring about successful completion of specific program goals and objectives. Duties may include ensuring that all programs run within scope, time, and budget constraints. Candidates will interface with task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel. Candidate will have P&L responsibility depending on the type of project assignment and manage 17 direct reports.
Planning, organizing, securing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives. Duties may include ensuring that all programs run within scope, time, and budget constraints. Also interfaces with task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel. Candidate will have Profit and Loss responsibility.
- Directs activities that have significant impact on the achievement of results for the project/function.
- Work requires a high degree of responsibility for resources, and frequently influences organizational or operational decisions made by leadership.
- Problems and issues faces are complex and involve limited information.
- Conducts extensive investigation to understand the root cause of problems.
- Problems are highly complex and typically involve multiple projects or customers.
- Communicates with parties within and outside of own project, and has responsibility for communicating with diverse parties external to the organization.
- Negotiates and influences others to understand and accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
- Manages a project or projects which includes multiple teams led by managers and/or supervisors.
- Responsible for creating workforce and staffing plans for project/family to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Typically has hiring, firing, promotion and reward authority within own area, in accordance with organizational guidelines.
- Requires deep management and leadership knowledge to lead cross-family project or program teams or mange across multiple families.
- Typically has mastery within a specific technical discipline/area or broad expertise across multiple related disciplines to include understanding of IT Network Operations.
- Solid experience supporting an environment in IT Operations, awareness of VMWare, Windows 2012/2016 servers, Active Directory, COOP, Desktop support, Call Center practices, and other day-to-day IT support best practices.
- Experience with using Remedy
- Experience with PowerPoint
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience.
- Has 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
PMP required (a 90 day waiver may be obtained)
- Advanced time management and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft excel
- Excellent client-facing communication skills
- Works to influence project\team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches
- Utilizes expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced principles, and concepts.
- Experience with Leidos systems would be desirable.
- Higher clearance up to TS/SCI level would be desirable.
AFNCR IT Services
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.