Leidos Veterans Health is seeking a Project Manager for the Veteran Business Administration (VBA) Business unit. We currently have a direct opening for a Project Manager in support of a large Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Task Order in Janesville, Wisconsin. The Task Order receives millions of Veterans Benefits documents a month and the Task Order provides services related to document scanning, digitization, indexing, and storing these artifacts so that Veterans may receive their benefits.
The Project Manager will manage projects and personnel performing document preparation, document scanning, indexing the scanned information, uploading the information to a repository, reassembling the claims folders, and transferring the boxes to storage. Effective tracking and processing of claims folder is crucial.
- Oversee all operational aspects of the document digitization and scanning process, from initial setup, through execution and closeout to ensure compliance with the Performance Work Statement.
- Manage projects and operations of multiple areas of the contract to achieve on-time delivery of services according to the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Develop and implement a project plan, budget, structure, schedule, and staffing requirements to ensure they are fulfilled and maintained throughout the life of each of the contract’s various projects.
- Coordinate project deliverables in order to ensure contract requirements are completed and delivered, as required.
- Lead subcontractors and ensures all team members, partners, and vendors comply with acceptable levels of transparency, timeliness, and commitment to quality.
- Oversee and delegate project tasks and responsibilities to team members, subcontractors, and additional personnel.
- Manage and resolve risks and issues throughout each project’s lifecycle.
- Develop positive relationships with the customer, subcontractors, and other project stakeholders.
- Identify and drive improvements (small and large projects) in various levels of the contract: program, projects, and processes.
- Comply with corporate, customer, and industry standards and best practices.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline and 10 years of relevant experience.
- 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Must possess excellent organizational and analytical skills, and the ability to show initiative, good judgement, and resourcefulness.
- Willingness to accept and perform related duties and responsibilities as required, and the ability to work in a collaborative environment in order to meet deadlines.
- Requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance which requires US Citizenship or US Person (Green Card).
- Expert knowledge in the scanning/document management/workflow management space.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Tool Suite, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Knowledge of NARA compliance requirements.
- Experience with CMMI and/or Six Sigma.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and possess the ability to interact with management, Government staff, and the team.
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently and complete tasks without direct supervision.
- Experience working on government contracts is desired.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.