The Mission Solutions Group at Leidos is pursuing a government contract with a classified customer in the National Capital Region which requires a Technical Lead/Metal Machinist Expert. This position will provide technical support to the customer's fabrication and manufacturing shops, and supervise assigned personnel in the Mechanical Engineering (ME) support staff.
As the Technical Lead, the individual focuses on the identification and implementation of strategic improvements, and suggest solutions that are consistent with the customer's vision and mission. Coordinates with the customer on the prioritization of requirements and implementation of a schedule for all approved/accepted requirements. Ensures adherence to both Industry and customer standards and best practices, and compliance to any applicable board and reviews. Remains cognizant of respective day-to-day tactical issues, ensuring that the assigned staff is achieving required performance levels. Monitors and documents staff activities to help verify consistent processes and procedures are being executed.
As the Metal Machinist Expert, the individual assists the customer in the following tasks, with support from assigned staff as necessary:
- Providing inputs on shop safety best practices and maintenance of the shop Safety Plan, to include application of OSHA standards
- Providing general guidance on proper use, general machine maintenance, and minor repairs to shop equipment
- Managing consumables and providing procurement support
- Operating metal working tools such as: metal machining (manual and CNC), bending, cutting, welding, drilling, shaping equipment, etc. within the metal shop, to include setup, fixturing, jig utilization, and programing
- Performing work with additive manufacturing and plastics manufacturing tools and equipment such as: SLS, FDM, injection molding, autoclaves, mold making tools, etc.
- Performing general graphic shop maintenance and organization, to include utilizing software package, reproducing or modifying artwork, and operating graphics shop tools (e.g., laminators, lasers, scanners, printers)
- Utilizing hand-skills to install various graphics related items on a variety of substrates/materials to include plastics, metals, woods, glass, vinyl, and fabrics
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of demonstrated experience in the metal working discipline(s). Work experience can be used in lieu of degree
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in mechanical skills instruction
- Possess Machine Certification from an apprentice program
- Demonstrated CAD/CAM experience
- Demonstrated ability to aid others in design and troubleshooting of mechanical component designs
- Demonstrated ability to manage, prioritize multiple tasking and adapt quickly to changing requirements
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a team, including strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated training expertise in hand and machine mechanical skills
- Demonstrated experience and literacy with Microsoft Office suite
- SOLIDWORKS Professional certification or obtained within 180 days of contract start
Security Clearance Requirement
- Must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph in order to be considered for this position.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Structural Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.