Senior Power Plant Consultant – Denver, CO
Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for a Senior Power Plant Consultant with primary responsibility being a subject matter expert for electrical design of power generation facilities and related construction, interconnection, and power purchase agreements. The Senior Power Plant Consultant working in a team setting to support project managers during transactional due diligence.
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering required, with an advanced degree in engineering, finance, business, or related management area preferred.
• A minimum of 12 – 15 years, or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior experience in electrical design of power generation assets or similar experience. Experience with a broad range of power generation technologies including combined cycle generation, wind generation, and solar PV generation as well as FEED development is preferred.
• Commercial expertise with procurement of A/E’s and EPC contractors.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Critical skills include verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work in teams.
• Ability to successfully meet deadlines under pressure. Clients will include private equity, infrastructure, and hedge funds, investment and commercial banks, private developers, legal and financial advisers, original equipment providers, DOE, and EIA,
• Successful track record maintaining client relations and working with clients (both internal and external)
• Professional Engineering licensure is preferred.
• The job may require as much as 35 percent travel
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Foreign language skills are a plus
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Management Consultant Comm
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.