The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opportunity for an RHN GAIT SATCOM Engineer. This position will support the CECOM ILSC Field Modernization Division contract supporting the Global Agile Integrated Transport (GAIT). Perform engineering activities as they pertain to space based equipment. These include, but are not limited to: development of SATCOM system specifications, engineering plans and test plans; development of SATCOM based architectures and frameworks (i.e. operational views, structural views); development of test plans and procedures; provide support to technology working groups and integrated product teams; develop technology development plans; provide support in assessment of technology maturity; develop technology transition plans.
New Equipment and Field Operations Support:
- Perform an evaluation of unit equipment fielding needs and set-up SATCOM systems to match the fielding requirements and deployment location.
- Initialize systems and perform an analysis of/document system malfunctions and/or integration issues to perform preventative maintenance and ensure full operational compliance of systems.
- Perform engineering assessments of new equipment and software upgrades for integration into RHN GAIT systems.
- Support development, upgrade, and rebuild of unit hardware to meet unit requirements.
- Will adapt training courses to SATCOM GAIT systems operational / user / maintenance manuals to enable user certification of commercial certifications and military system certifications.
- Perform updates to training curriculum to accommodate system upgrades, evolving functionality, and lessons learned from system use.
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction / use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable.
- Trainers shall attend instructor qualification training or other specialized training conducted at various CONUS or OCONUS locations.
- Bachelors Degree and 2 or more years of experience. 4 additional years of directly related experience will offset the degree requirements.
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
- Extensive experience and expertise in system architecture, planning, design, engineering, network management, operations and support of medium to large multi-services enterprise IP networks which cover a regional to global geography utilizing commercial and military SATCOM teleport and gateway nodes and infrastructure.
- Must understand fundamental SATCOM principles and techniques.
- Must have understanding of Internet Protocol networking principles and concepts.
- Must have understanding of various IP transmission data (TCP, UDP, etc…)
- Must have working knowledge of military satellite systems.
- Must have working knowledge of commercial SATCOM systems.
- Must have working knowledge and experience with Frequency Division Multiple Access, Multi-Frequency Time Division Multiple Access and Internet Protocol Modems (specifically I-Direct and Linkway is desirable).
- Must describe experiences performing above duties during interview.
- Applicant must have strong ability to multi-task.
- Applicant must have strong communication skills.
- Applicant must have experience with Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Voice over IP and Cisco Call Manager equipment experience is highly preferred
- Cisco and Juniper router experience is highly desirable.
- Riverbed or other network optimization/management equipment experience is highly desirable.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.