Job Posting/Market Title:
The Mission Systems Integration Division currently has an opening for a Cyber Security Engineer in Arlington, VA. The selected candidate will serve as a member of a Systems Engineering Team and Lead a full spectrum of project activities specifically focused on cyber security related to unmanned mission systems within or in support of maritime platforms.
- Lead and manage the development and maintenance of accreditation packages for multiple systems and levels
- Identify and track risks to the system based on security threats.
- Prepare and maintain security architecture
- Lead and manage the definition of systems security impact levels
- Coordinate security control requirements between multiple projects and ensure the risks undertaken by the project are acceptable to the customer
- Ensure that protection and detection capabilities are acquired or developed as required by the contract and policy
- POC with customer in preparation of IA certification and accreditation documentation
- Oversee/Generate and analyzes security scan tool reports and reports
- Develop technical and written solutions to cyber security vulnerabilities
- Develop technical and programmatic assessments, evaluates engineering and integration initiatives and provides technical support to assess security policies, standards and guidelines.
- Support engineers of other disciplines in the security posture of products as needed
- Contribute to pre, peri, and post Authority to Operate (IATT/ATT/ATO) assessments
- Oversee subcontractor efforts as required to complete Cybersecurity planning and documentation
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- DoD 8570 certifications - IAM III (e.g. CISSP or associate) for Linux and Windows environments as appropriate
- Strong background in cyber security engineering or related information technology field to include the ability to integrate, troubleshoot, and test hardware and software
- Clear knowledge and detailed experience with compliance and vulnerability scanning tools (e.g. ACAS, HBSS)
- Clear knowledge and detailed experience with NIST SP 800-53 RMF
- Knowledge of both Windows and Linux Platforms
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET Security Clearance
- Previous experience leading other cybersecurity personnel and subcontractors.
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- Clear knowledge and detailed experience with multi-level security solutions, and cross domain solutions
- Previous experience with accreditation activities of ATO/ATT
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.