Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of Subcontracts Program Manager to support a contract for a VA based customer. The subcontract program manager is the individual assigned to provide technical and programmatic oversight and management of the subcontractor, to provide an independent assessment of the subcontractor’s performance, and to identify, escalate and resolve subcontractor performance issues. The subcontract program manager focuses on ensuring the program management discipline is integrated into the supply chain, ensuring that the subcontractors meet the program cost, schedule, and performance requirements. This position provides technical and programmatic oversight and management of the subcontractor/s on contract. Support subcontractor identification and qualification process:
- Support the subcontractor RFP preparation, proposal evaluation, and subcontract award process
- Manage the subcontractor in accordance with the Subcontract Management Plan
- Implement procedures/processes for managing the technical work of the subcontractor
- Continuously assess and mitigate risk specific to subcontractors/performance
- Implement performance management methods and inform key stakeholders of program status and issues
- Identify subcontractor and subcontract non-compliance and escalate them to the appropriate stakeholders, while working with the subcontractor to achieve compliance
- Provide early warning of potential ethics issues
- Facilitate technical and managerial communications between Leidos and the subcontractor
- Provide an independent assessment of the subcontractor’s performance
- Identify, escalate and resolve subcontractor performance issues
- Ensures the program management discipline is integrated into the supply chain
- Ensures that the subcontractors meet the program cost, schedule, and performance requirements
The subcontract program manager is responsible for and manages all phases of the subcontract lifecycle from initiation of the business case for make/buy decision through RFPs, development of the SMP, negotiation strategy, and subcontract status monitoring and reporting. This effort is performed in conjunction with the procurement subcontracts administrator and the program team.
- Bachelor’s degree (Business Administration or related field) and 15+ years related experience
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Vision to understand the entire program scope and the ability to lead and motivate the subcontractor to keep progress moving
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities; detail oriented
- Strong project management and process improvement skills
- Sufficient domain technical knowledge to lead and participate fully in technical interchanges with the subcontractor and communicate customer technical questions and concerns accurately to Leidos technical staff
- Sufficient technical or domain knowledge to oversee and evaluate products/services provided by the subcontractor
- Sufficient technical knowledge to create or understand SOWs, specifications, SDRLs, interfaces, and requirements flow-downs
- Understanding of finance, subcontracting, contracting and contracts types, schedule, and EVMS, if there is a contractual requirement
- Understanding of the FAR and other government regulations pertinent to the subcontract
- Understanding of fraud and compliance risk issues
- Task lead management and general managerial experience
- Ability to communicate, build relationships, and gain the subcontractor’s trust
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Proven capability to lead change in a team environment
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Proficient in Excel/Word/PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships internally and externally with subcontractors to drive results
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and/or manage change
- Demonstrated ability to build internal cross functional relationships
- Ability to develop and contribute to the execution of long-term strategies and tactical plans to achieve enterprise objectives
- Excellent business acumen and ability to formulate solutions to complex problems and clearly communicate strategies to large audiences
- Strong organizational skills to handle many overlapping projects simultaneously
- Ability to successfully interface and interact with all levels of the organization
- Informal leadership, lead or mentoring experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.