Leidos is seeking a Test Engineer in Bethesda, MD. The Test Engineer will be part of a test team with opportunities to test different products, such as web applications, websites, charts, maps, reports and databases. The testing will include both manual and automated testing.
The candidate will provide testing support for all software applications tiers including front-end functional testing, middle-tier testing of web services and other APIs and testing back end ETL and other data processes. In addition, the candidate is also expected to drive test automation effort. Candidate may also participate in requirements reviews to provide feedback on requirements and to ensure that functional requirements are testable and adequately documented to drive the test process.
The candidate should be able to write test plans and think of testing strategy for each release.
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Designing test strategies, test plans, and test cases from requirements, design documents and specifications for testing across different platforms and with an emphasis on automation
- Estimating test case writing and execution effort and keeping track of own and team progress.
- Test case authoring and holding test case reviews with stakeholders.
- Identifying regression test candidates for automation, planning automation activities across the team and automating test cases.
- Execution of test cases including functional, regression, exploratory, performance, smoke and regression tests for both web applications and database.
- Reporting defects, tracking, validating and closing.
- Recording test results
- Promoting test automation and continuous testing
- Supporting our metrics program by keeping track and gather metrics on all activities.
- Providing innovative solutions for more efficient testing strategy.
- Participating in all phases of risk management assessments and software development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection.
- Supporting UAT activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- At least 4 years of experience performing as a software tester
- At least 2 years of experience with test automation.
- Experience working in agile environment
- Experience with drafting test plans and test cases
- Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile-Scrum development methodology
- Experience with gathering metrics and monitoring progress
- Experience using test automation tools such as Selenium and Cucumber
- Experience with database testing and proficient in writing SQL queries
- Experience with performance and load testing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Requires Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- ISTQB Certified Tester
- Experience with section 508 testing
- Experience incorporating security testing into agile testing process
- Experience in using JIRA
- Experience with Selenium and Xpath
- Experience working in public health and federal contracting
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.