Leidos is seeking a Senior Hazardous Waste Specialist to provide oversight management and support for the hazardous waste management program at NASA Ames, Moffett Field, CA.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Conduct hazardous waste regulatory analyses and assist in notifying organizations of regulatory impact.
- Provide advice and guidance to hazardous waste generators regarding proper labeling, storage, and management of hazardous waste.
- Update and maintain Form A (Chemical Material/Waste Pick-up and Container Delivery Form) annually.
- Perform hazardous waste sampling activities and prepare paperwork and samples for shipment to a State-certified laboratory.
- Perform PCB wipe sampling activities and prepare paperwork and samples for shipment to a State-certified laboratory.
- Maintain all records related to hazardous waste disposal, including Form A, analytical results, waste profiles, manifests, and land ban forms.
- Assist in the preparation of the Center-wide hazardous waste contingency plan, as well as contingency plans for all 90 day sites.
- Perform inspections for Satellite Accumulation Area Determinations.
- Prepare, obtain signature, and submit upon Government approval the California Board of Equalization hazardous waste generator fee report.
- Prepare Hazardous Waste Report (Biennial Report).
- Prepare, obtain signature, and submit upon Government approval the DTSC Verification Questionnaire for manifest fee annually.
- Assist in the maintenance and update of the Senate Bill14 Plan.
- Enter all pertinent information regarding hazardous waste pick-up and disposal activities into computer tracking system.
- Prepare corrective action report in response to agency Notice of Inspection and Notice of Violation findings.
- Maintain 40-hour HAZWOPER certification for all personnel, CHMM Certification, and applicable Untied States Department of Transportation Certification.
- Review plans and provide draft comments on proposed construction and demolition, research and development, and special events activities, monitor and document implementation of mitigation.
- Prepare, obtain signature, and submit upon Government approval, the Hazardous Waste Generator Fee Prepayment Form-Federal report annually.
- B.S. or B.A in chemistry, chemical engineering, environmental engineering, or a closely related field and 8 years relevant experience
- Department of Transportation Experience
- Microsoft Excel Experience
- Experience Preparing Hazardous Waste Related Reports
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM)
- Personnel oversight/management experience
- Santa Clara County Hazardous Materials Storage Ordinance Experience
- Medical Waste Experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Environmental Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.