Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cyber-security for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Leidos is looking for a high performing and experienced person to provide direct support to the National Nuclear Security Administration’s Office of Enterprise Stewardship as waste management subject matter expert. Overall duties involve providing senior technical and program management support that contributes to successful program execution for the newly established Transuranic waste program.
This is a full-time contractor-support position located on-site at the NNSA offices in Albuquerque NM.
* NOTE - THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN ALBUQUERQUE, NEW MEXICO AND DOES NOT ALLOW FOR TELECOMMUTING *
• Support federal managers with developing program plans, defining needs, and optimizing the waste management program.
• Independently review and evaluate site specific waste management systems and supporting documents for compliance with applicable DOE directives, e.g., DOE O 435.1, Manual 435.1-1, programs and processes.
• Assist federal managers to review and determine that NNSA site waste management systems, including the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant, and supporting documents are correct, complete and compliant with DOE M 435.1-1 and other programmatic guidance documents and plans.
• Provide programmatic document review, resolve and reconcile technical and programmatic comments, and produce complete, accurate, and timely deliverables.
• Communicate effectively to internal and external program participants in writing, on the phone, and in person to assist the program to accomplish critical decisions.
• Identify and prioritize actions to assist the program to be successful in achieving program goals.
Basic Qualifications and Experience
• An active DOE Q clearance or TS/SCI security clearance with the ability to obtain a DOE Q clearance
• A Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline.
• At least 12 years of relevant technical experience with nuclear waste management projects.
• An in-depth knowledge of the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant requirements.
• Experience with radiological and hazardous waste management, nuclear facility management, and waste packaging and transportation.
• An outstanding ability to analyze and communicate complex issues at many levels of understanding.
• Skills in independently resolving issues and reaching concurrence in a manner that promotes program goals.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office products to analyze and communicate issues and opportunities.
• Engaging interpersonal skills.
• Successful outcomes when communicating with executive level management.
• Demonstrable experience with managing projects with safety bases and in regulatory environments including USQDs and performance assurance.
• A Master’s degree or PhD.
• An expert knowledge of Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) requirements.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:DOE Q
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.