Leidos has an opening for a Technical Writer/Procurement Specialist to support multiple programs within the Chemical Biological Nuclear Radiological and Explosive (CBRNE) and Energetics Portfolio.
- Responsible for editing, proofreading and providing writing support on non-technical and technical documents or sections of documents prepared by multiple writers such as manuals, procedures, briefings, permits, etc.
- Duties include ensuring documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhering to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style.
- Coordinates contract procurements to include purchasing items under Leidos PCARD, coordinating efforts with Leidos Buyer(s), submitting purchase requests, tracking orders, monitoring equipment receipt, and assisting in property transfer to the Government. When necessary, prioritizes customer orders based on customer needs/requirements.
- Recognizes the urgency of all assignments and initiates the necessary action required to complete assignments in a timely manner to ensure contract requirements are fully satisfied. Prioritizes work efforts with minimal oversight to ensure timely responses to customer demands and expectations.
- Searches for and collects a variety of information for the Program Managers use to include trending analysis on procurements, staffing, and contract deliverables.
- Duties will include interaction and communication with Program managers and Leidos senior leadership, a broad variety of stakeholders, contractor and government personnel.
- Carries out high priority and/or special assignments and projects assigned by the Portfolio Manager and or PMs on a wide variety of sensitive and confidential matters.
- Uses prior experiences to initiate, plan, and execute job responsibilities, which may include adapting to customer and Leidos requirement(s) changes and/or contract modifications.
- Uses technical writing and editing skills to assist the PMs in developing, tracking, and distributing monthly reports and final contract reports in accordance with Contract Data Reporting Lines.
- Requires a BA degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 1+ years of prior relevant experience
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a Government CAC card upon hire.
- Previous experience in working procurements.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.