Leidos has an opportunity for a multi-talented Network Engineer working in San Diego, CA/Point Loma, CA. This position provides an optional 9/80 schedule and relocation assistance is available for well-qualified, selected candidates. You must have an active DoD TS/SCI security clearance with a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) to be considered for this position.
You will be responsible for development and integration of current and future system builds. Your expertise will be leveraged defining baselines and versioning; initiating and conducting studies that examine upgrades and changes to the system; initiating and conducting Enterprise Change Requests (ECRs) for the system; and providing support to the testing and life cycle activities required to sustain the system(s).
- Supports mission critical systems by providing technical expertise for server and database support and establishing innovative, time sensitive solutions.
- Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data flow, storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities. Applies knowledge of systems to coordinate maintenance as well as implement changes/upgrades. Tests and implements technical solutions. Responsible to troubleshoot/provide root cause analysis, restore systems, monitor databases and to analyze and organize data and apply new technology designs and programs.
- Builds, deploys, and monitors, software baselines across multiple domains and environments, ensuring configuration and operability.
- Performs performance analysis and tuning, disaster recovery, and monitoring of data.
- Advises/participates in design of system architecture and infrastructure support systems.
- Supports application design by contributing expertise to applications, operations, and technical teams.
- Support all required pipeline environments by ensuring patch compliance, baseline software updates and system health/status checks are complete.
- Recommends guidance based on established procedures to ensure corrective actions are taken to restore environment functionality.
- Supports, troubleshoots and applies expertise regarding network issues between environments and system users.
- Responsibilities span multiple technical areas including ashore and afloat environments.
- Employs ingenuity and creativity to develop new technical solutions.
- This position requires an active DoD TS/SCI (must be “SCI Eligible” in JPAS) security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Networking Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 12 to 15+ years of related experience.
- Candidate must have detailed and extensive knowledge of routing and switching capabilities as well as server design, storage and workstations.
- Advanced networking experience to include configuration of Cisco routers and related equipment.
- Demonstrated technical expertise at the systems level.
- Preferred experience with HW and SW variants.
- Must be CSWF eligible, that is, IAT Level II certified with COMP TIA Security+ and one of the following OS certifications: Windows, Linux or Networking certification.
- Proficient with OpenShift or other Docker/Kubernetes service platforms.
- Experience in writing detailed installation, configuration and system administration guides.
- Experience building and automating systems within VMware vSphere and Amazon Web Service (AWS) based deployments.
- Experience with architecture documentation and API design.
- Experience with Java Application servers (JBoss EAP).
- Experience with PostgreSQL tuning and configuration.
- Experience with Jenkins and similar DevOps pipeline tools.
- Experience with PKI client and server Certificates.
- Proficient with GIT versioning tool.
- Comfortable with Confluence / JIRA for documentation and ticket tracking.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory.
- Basic knowledge of automation tools and software such as Ansible, Puppet/Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation, Powershell. Ideally Ansible scripting for both Windows and Linux.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills to work with clients, team members, and management staff, including both DOD civilian and contractor personnel. Strong computer related skills.
- Strong technical and leading experience.
- Ability to continually adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.