Leidos is expanding its Information and Communications Technology (ICT) presence significantly in the UK, with an emphasis on Civil Government, Law Enforcement and Critical National Infrastructure ICT programmes. This opportunity is to predominantly support the NATS Infrastructure Services (NIS) contract, based mainly at NATS CTC Centre in Whiteley but also, as required at NATS London Area Control Centre (LACC) at Swanwick.
Leidos is now recruiting for a highly motivated early career professional who can provide desktop support, working in a team that provides unparalleled levels of service delivery to our existing and expanding customer base, helping position Leidos as the nationwide supplier of choice across all major outsourced ICT programmes.
Specific Job Description:
The successful candidate needs to be able to provide dynamic and flexible support across all processes, whist operating with confidence at deployed Leidos delivery locations, engaging with the customer and the Desktop Capabilities Manager on day-to-day priorities and tasking.
- Prioritisation of workload, able to execute and perform with limited assistance
- A self-starter attitude
- Demonstrated technical experience and understanding of virtual and physical support systems
- Good analytical skills and an ability to define and articulate, precicisely, to an appropriate level to the audience at hand or in written documentation
- Commitment to support optimisation for best practice and efficiency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including experience in technical writing
- Strong client interpersonal skills, demonstrating an ability to build and keep business relationships building horizontal and vertical contacts
- Commitment to continuous learning and professional development
- Commitment to an injury-free workplace and a "zero accidents" safety culture
- Background in Desktop Support Services
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a pressurised environment, remaining focussed
- Microsoft Office O365 and Windows 10 environments
- Microsoft Active Directory administration
- Cisco Wired and Wireless Networks
- Cisco VOIP Systems administration
- MS PowerShell
- SCCM – AppV Environments
- Desktop, Laptop and Server hardware
Standard Job Description:
- Provides technical, operations, and training support to users of company's personal computers either by telephone or on-site relative to desktop hardware and software packages
- Performs hardware diagnostics and coordinates repairs
- Assists in planning and designing personal computer support systems
- Acts as liaison for data transfer systems design and implementation
- Installs and tests personal computers, printers, and other peripherals; configures operating system, shrink-wrap programs, and applications software programs
- Develops reports and databases
- Provides technical support for personal computers
Typical Minimum Education & Experience:
Ideally require a Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience / combined education.
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.