Leidos Corporate Group has an immediate opening for a Network Security Support Engineer to join the Network Security Operations arm of our Cyber Information Security team.
In this role, you will provide a senior support engineering role to support enterprise network security solutions such as firewalls, IPS, tap aggregation, packet capture, content filtering and cloud security tools. We're looking for a candidate who can support this role from one of our following locations: Orlando - FL, San Diego – CA, Reston - VA, or Gaithersburg - MD.
You will primarily work on complex projects and implement large changes to support the Network Security Engineering team and the larger corporate initiatives. Additionally, you will provide guidance and assistance to junior engineers.
As an engineer on the Network Security Operations team, you will interact regularly with the Network Security Engineering team, CSIRT, Network Operations team, and on-site technical resources to ensure both the security and on-going stability of Leidos’ Corporate network.
- Support the Leidos cyber security mission by building, configuring, troubleshooting, and updating the network security capabilities that protect Leidos’ core networks and information.
- Follow established network security processes to defend and operate the global Leidos network.
- Provide technical expertise to large or complex projects
- Develop network security boundaries and zones
- Establish and maintain documentation library (CONOPS, Standard Operating Procedures, System Security Plans)
- Develop technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, analysis and understanding of impact
- Participate in an on-call rotation to provide emergency support for the corporate network security environment.
- Provide feedback to team leadership to improve existing solutions so they better meet the business’ needs.
- Provider technical leadership to junior engineers and analysts.
- Develops solutions to technical problems and issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge.
- Bachelor's Degree and 8 to 12 years of relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience, training, and/or professional certifications will be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree
- US citizenship is required and eligible for federal security clearance
- Strong knowledge of the OSI 7-layer model
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and common application layer protocols
- Fundamental knowledge of IP-based networking, including switching and routing
- Experience with common enterprise firewall vendors such as Check Point, Palo Alto, Juniper or Cisco/Sourcefire
- Experience with common enterprise class packet capture solutions such as Security Analytics and Netwitness
- Experience with common enterprise forward proxies such as Zscaler, Symantec/BlueCoat, ForcePoint/WebSense, McAfee or F5
- Experience with a firewall policy management tool such as Tufin, Algosec or Firemon
- Experience in Linux system administration desired
- Experience in programming and/or scripting desired
- Experience in configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory desired
- Experience with cloud IaaS solutions such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon AWS
- Possess one of the following certifications: Palo Alto Certifications, Juniper Certification, Cisco Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE), Check Point Certifications, SANS Certifications (GIAC, etc), RedHat Certifications, ISC2 Certifications (CISSP)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.