The Government health and safety solutions group is currently seeking a Sr. Network Engineer.
The successful candidate will serve as a member of the Core Infrastructure Network Engineering team responsible for providing network support for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Candidate must be familiar with advanced networking concepts and technologies, including routing, switching, application centric topologies, and 3 zone architectures. Candidate must be highly motivated, able to work in a collaborative team environment, and independently. Plans and configures network communications systems based on Cisco platforms. Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
Conducts testing of network design using Cisco Prime and Wireshark. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switches, bridges, gateways, firewalls, etc. Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Develop and maintain configurations plans for Cisco ACI design, planning, implementation, and testing, based on a multi datacenter configurations.
- Manage and maintain WAN connections between multiple remote offices, Cloud presence (AWS, Azure), and several primary datacenter managed by several different owners.
- Migration of 3 zone architecture into a more robust application centric model based on Cisco ACI and VMware NSX.
- Ability to utilize network overlay technology for integration with AWS and Route 53.
- Experience with Cisco OTV for cross datacenter connectivity.
- Assist with design, implementation and testing of Cisco Tetration and Cisco Prime platforms
- Experience designing, deploying, and maintaining boundary security solutions and exposure to enterprise network architecture.
- Experience analyzing network traffic, using a variety of network tools to assess security-related events to assist in rapid identification and isolation of issues during incidents and outages.
- Migration of datacenters from IPv4 to IPv6
- Integration concepts of InfoBlox into a multi grid enterprise solution across multiple datacenters.
- Strong troubleshooting skills specific to network security and ability to effectively work in cross functional teams as needed to resolve issues
- Must have the ability to work independently on multiple tasks
- BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience configuring/administrating various network technologies including: Cisco Prime, Tetration, Cisco OTV, ACI, VMware NSX, Route 53, Cisco 1000v,
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), customer service and teaming skills and strong attention to detail.
- Experience as mentor\team lead providing work direction and guidance to other personnel.
- Prepare or ensure that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions and diagrams using Visio.
Industry Security Certifications (Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CompTIA, AWS, CISSP, GIAC, or other security certifications)
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.