Be part of the winning Leidos team and use your valued experience to support the United States Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). This is an exciting opportunity for a General Mechanic located at Fort Gordon, GA.
- Responsible for completing various general and specialized trade skills, including but not limited to; electrical, carpentry, painting, concrete, plumbing, welding, drywall installing or repair of various ceiling systems. Duties may also include maintenance of the structure surrounding a facility, such as fencing and gates.
- Responsible for infrastructure sustainment activities.
- Repair and change locks in the building and perform complex lock servicing to ensure maximum safety of all people.
- Responsible for developing supply estimates for various projects, gathering technical data, evaluating/formulating safety procedures, material and fiscal requirements for assigned projects.
- May assist a project coordinator in planning, cost estimating, designing, developing, and completing local projects.
- Possess a working knowledge of laws, policies, and procedures pertaining to the construction work environment, i.e., Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), facility, system, and equipment security, Environmental Compliance Assessment Protocol (ECAP), and National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Applies electrical, mechanical, and structural knowledge to perform duties as assigned, and is required to periodically interpret construction and building blueprints.
- Duties may also include maintenance of the structure surrounding a facility, such as fencing and gates.
- Able to lift and/or carry objects up to 50 pounds, as well as climb ladders, walking up several flights of stairs, working on elevated surfaces and/or work in unusual or uncomfortable body positions or environmental conditions. Some positions involve work that must be performed outdoors during various weather conditions.
- Top Secret security clearance required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and five years’ experience as a General Maintenance Mechanic.
- Specialized experience may include, but is not limited to: knowledge of the fundamentals of engineering technician work, i.e., using a variety of trade skills such as electrical, carpentry, painting, concrete, plumbing, welding, and drywall; interpreting diagrams, specifications, manuals, and supply/cost estimates.
- Experience in troubleshooting techniques in order to determine exact problems and tackle them accordingly.
- Excellent ability to communicate system problems to both co-workers and management for proper understanding.
- Exhibit good mechanical skills to handle equipment to avoid causing injuries to self and others on ground.
- Must have the ability to evaluate computer related work orders in accordance with accuracy.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.