Leidos is seeking an Accessibility & Affordability Program Implementer for Hawai'i Energy low-income households. These households are likely to face high energy burdens with a higher percentage of their total household income going toward paying utility bills. Energy efficiency programs provide important services to customers not only by lowering energy bills so that money can be directed toward basic necessities, but also in making homes healthier and more comfortable, giving residents and businesses more control over how and when they use energy, and contributing to local clean environment and sustainability goals.
Accessibility and Affordability (A&A) is one of the three core areas of the Hawai'i Energy Program. The Program Implementer (PI) is responsible for carrying out programs and activities identified through the A&A strategy to help Hawai‘i’s families, small businesses and nonprofits reduce their energy consumption while achieve program metrics and targets. The PI is helping to increase program participation of the Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed (ALICE®), a population that has historically been under-served or have under-participated.
• The PI will assist the team in the enhancement of existing programs and responsible for overall implementation of identified pilots.
• Work across various teams: Program Delivery, Marketing and Communications, and Economic Development and Market Transformation, including our residential program sub-contractor and other community and nonprofit organizations to deliver programs that empower families, organizations, and communities to reduce their energy costs. Examples of programs include direct installation of measures into homes, appliance trade-ups, targeted community offerings, educational sessions, and other initiatives developed by the A&A team.
• The PI will coordinate community group and nonprofit partnerships to develop, enhance communication channels and relationships with households, building owners, and small businesses to expand access to energy literacy programs, services and clean energy products.
• Actively engage and maintain relationships with various communities and stakeholders ensuring programs are accepted and are successful in meeting goals and metrics.
• Assist in organizing, developing, tracking and reporting critical metrics that allow accurate assessment of all aspects of communication, performance, productivity, strategic effectiveness, financial performance, as well as non-energy benefits.
• Recommend and implement aggressive corrective actions in order to achieve objectives.
• Provide administrative support as necessary.
• A Bachelors of Arts, Business Administration or Science degree is preferred and 2-4 years, or Masters with less than 2 years, of prior relevant experience.
• Relevant experience includes working with non-profit or community-based organizations. Service with low-income communities is desired.
• Have a true passion for helping our communities and experience doing so.
• Demonstrated experience managing and executing projects on time and within budget that meet goals and metrics.
• Experience with program implementation projects, including providing quality control and budget accountability.
• Proven experience identifying, mitigating and managing project risks and issues.
• Outstanding analytical, writing, and communication skills; excellent interpersonal and management skills; strong problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
• Possess a high degree of initiative and a critical thinker
• Must be able to manage multiple projects and project teams simultaneously.
About Hawai'i Energy
Hawai'i Energy helps educate island families and businesses about the many and lasting benefits of energy efficiency and conservation. Hawai'i Energy encourages and rewards smart energy decisions which will allow our state to reach 100% clean energy faster and cheaper. To date, we have saved the people of Hawai'i more than a billion dollars off their energy bills. Hawai'i Energy is a ratepayer-funded energy program under contract with the Hawai'i Public Utilities Commission. Join our team in driving energy initiatives which have immediate and local impact, and leave a legacy of sustainability for generations to come.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.