Job Description: Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Junior Solutions Architect in Reston VA, who is proficient in Agile Software Development. This Architect will be in direct support of the EPSS (Enforcement and Public Safety Solutions) portfolio and will lead and collaborate on all activities to support systems engineering, integration, software capability/maintenance and related support services.
We are looking for a technical architect with working knowledge of agile software development and popular programming languages like Java, C++, .NET and web technologies with focus on IT Modernization and Cloud. This position will lead, build and refine capabilities for IT Managed services, including networking, datacenter/hosting, cloud services, end user services, service desk and other managed services across ongoing contracts, support leadership in pursuit of IT modernization new business, and identify key gaps to address through partnership or new capability development.
• Demonstrated Agile Software Development experience
• Manage consistency across Epics, Features, Stories, and Tasks
• Coordinate proper configuration of Agile tool to ensure proper metrics are available
• Coordinate proper reporting functionality within the Agile tool
• Experience with Agile project management tools
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate across remote team members, management, and customers
• Demonstrated ability to guide peers, leaders, and decision makers on addressing complex issues
• Support in establishing Leidos best practices, lessons learned, and technological approaches for IT Managed Services and IT modernization capabilities including Service Desk, Service Catalog, End User Services, Network Services, Compute/Hosting Services, Cloud Services, and other modern technologies
• Participate and propose R&D and solution development efforts related to IT automation, AIOps, and other modernization technologies
• Work with the program teams, Division leadership, and CTO organization to identify technology and solution roadmaps to improve mission enterprise capabilities and broad Leidos contribution in mission attainment resulting in increased contract growth and improved customer satisfaction.
• Support across business lines and programs to identify how programs could be strengthened with application of technology and/or innovation.
• Assess and mentor the technical talent and junior solution architects in the organization to meet the current and future (new market) business challenges. Network to help Division maintain a list of top technical talent performing on contracts to target providing rotational growth assignments, educational opportunities, and mentorship to create strong growing team of ready-now technical resources to support the expected increased technical needs of the business.
• Work in partnership with Business Development staff to understand and participate in the development of new business strategy assessing current and future skills and technology needs.
• Partner with the Business Development team in supporting the shaping and development of technical solutions and industry relationships via new business reviews, white papers, customer shaping calls, and the Win Plan process for larger franchise opportunities.
• Support all aspects of proposal reviews per the Win Plan.
• Work with peer Operations teams, Operations CTO, and other Leidos Groups to understand where technical solutions can be leveraged on current programs and new business pursuits.
• Strong Technical breadth and depth in support of the government markets and in particular in government IT services design, implementation, operations, and modernization.
• Experienced professional in contract performance with demonstrated technical lead and customer relationship building in the performance and growth of contracts. Capable of generating on-contract-growth through insertion of innovation and technology on existing programs.
• Deep industry relationships with leading capabilities providers to enhance our solutions offerings and close gaps in offerings yielding competitive technical solutions.
• Experienced solution architect, sales engineer, and/or technical volume lead on captures and proposals. Understands competitor/teammate technology offerings and has worked successful partnerships with suppliers on proposals.
• Requires BS degree in relevant field and minimum of 5 years relevant experience, or MS degree and 3 years of relevant experience
• Experience with system migrations
• Excellent client relations skills and communication
• Self-motivated and able to work across diverse technical and non-technical teams
• Ability to work independently in a remote or telework environment if needed
• Solid time management skills with the ability to plan, organize and implement multiple initiatives and deadline-driven workloads while consistently providing outstanding customer service.
• Detail-oriented, proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
• Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context.
• Results oriented: Able to drive things forward regardless of personal interest in the task.
• Demonstrated understanding of IT management, administration, applications and system development lifecycles within a substantial IT environment.
• Must have US citizenship and a DoD Secret security clearance
• Advanced knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
• Experience utilizing Agile practices in a Government environment
• Scrum Master Certification or SAFe certification preferred
• Cloud certifications preferred (AWS and/or Azure)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.