Leidos is seeking a Software Engineer for the Quantico , VA areas. In support of a DoD program, the engineer will develop, maintain and enhance complex and diverse software systems. The engineer will support research, engineering, and development of innovative solutions to support operational cyber missions. Work includes engineering robust infrastructure, end-point capabilities, and command and control systems.
- Apply knowledge/experience developing and testing applications on Windows and Linux systems for 32-bit and 64-bit systems
- Performing C/C++, Python, x64 assembly, and kernel development
- Apply understanding of technical issues surrounding the designing, building and testing of software development kits supporting Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android platforms and frameworks
- Apply coding experience on Intel or AMD platforms
- Apply understanding of cryptographic protocols and compression technologies and their implementation in C/C++
- Understanding of computer, network exploitation techniques and methodologies to include application and mitigation techniques
- Understanding of public exploits and awareness of new/unpublished techniques
- BS degree or equivalent experience and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of related experience or additional experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Performing C/C++ programming
- Operating System and Kernel level development experience
- Vulnerability research or software reverse engineering skills
- Understanding of operating system internals for Windows, iOS, Linux, and/or Android, such as process synchronization techniques (i.e., semaphores, messages, threading), process scheduling, resource and device access
- Mobile development experience
- active Top Secret Clearance
- Must have an active Top Secret Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.