Leidos has a Software Engineer opening to support Space-Based Infrared System (SBIRS) Facilities and Maintenance configuration management. The position is located in Colorado Springs; primary work location will be Peterson AFB. The position requires active DoD Secret security clearance - candidates without clearance will not be considered.
- The Leidos team maintains an interactive database to capture the SBIRS facilities in 3D.
- This work involves capturing changes to facilities and equipment layouts and then entering them into a database for quick retrieval.
- Perform configuration audits to identify changes to drawings and then crate a 3D layout of the facilities using Solid Edge software.
- In addition, the candidate will be able to enter and maintain an Access database and update visual basic code for data entry and retrieval.
- Travel within the state of Colorado is required for up to a week at time once per quarter.
- Bachelor’s in programming or computer science, (this may be deferred with experience in a related field) and a minimum of 2 years professional work experience in a related field.
- Working knowledge of Solid Edge (min of 3+ years), Visual Basic.NET (2+ years), and Microsoft Access (2+ years),.
- Requires an active DoD Secret Clearance to start
- Desired skills include a background in industrial technologies, electrical technologies or facilities
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Drafting
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.