Leidos Corporate Group has an immediate opening for a Payroll Specialist to join our Enterprise Business Operations team in Oak Ridge - TN. In this role, you will be responsible to ensure that all employees receive on-time paychecks and serve on a small team of payroll specialists to achieve timely and accurate results. The payroll team handles complex union, federal contracting standards, ex-patriot and other special pay situations for US based employees on missions around the world.
Responsibilities and duties include the following, but not limited to:
- Process multi-state payroll information for a portion of 30,000 employees.
- Comply and adhere to multiple payroll policies and procedures.
- Evaluate, develop recommendations, and implement approved changes in the processing of payroll.
- Communicate issues and participates in problem resolution/escalation processes.
- Process complex payroll functions; such as, ensure that payroll files have been generated and transmitted for assigned facilities.
- Calculate, compile and submit accurate and timely transfer of pay information and adjustments to the payroll processing vendor.
- Calculate miscellaneous pay components in compliance to federal, state, and/or, local tax policies.
- Serve as point of escalation to assist employees, and other internal stakeholders with questions, concerns, comments in a timely manner.
- Serve as subject matter experts on one or more payroll topics.
- Conduct specialized research into issues and provide recommendations for payroll processing and outputs.
- Review, coordinate and submit timely manual check requests including sensitive matters such as termination cases.
- Review manual check log and ensure pertinent issues are resolved.
- Assist with wage audits (e.g. DCAA, Internal Audit, Benefits, agency, federal, state, etc.).
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Oversee and review over-payment payroll matters.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays (as needed) in order to assure payroll processing is completed by deadline.
- High school diploma/GED required and minimum 3 to 5 years of payroll processing experience.
- Working knowledge of multi-state payroll processing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 10 – Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work and manage payroll vendors.
- Proficiency with Payroll systems such as ADP-EV5 or Ultipro.
- CPP certification is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- Ability to process accounting functions and formulas in Microsoft Office suite is preferred.
- Proficiency with unions, garnishments, and/or expat (international employee) payroll processing.
- Ability to understand internal payroll controls.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Work well under pressure.
- Deadline driven.
- Organized individual.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.