More About the Role:
Leidos is seeking an accomplished IT Project Manager with the proven ability to successfully execute multi-disciplinary projects. NASA’s projects, like its users, span the nation and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Project Manager with Leidos in support of NASA, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle.
What You'll Get to Do:
-Manage project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
-The successful candidate will manage projects throughout their entire lifecycle as part of a large, complex organization.
-Will deliver results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective information technology services across the NASA Agency.
-Will collaborate with a diverse workforce within a matrix environment and be able to communicate effectively in obtaining and synthesizing requirements from external stakeholders, while working with the team to implement new technical solutions leveraging advanced concepts.
-Will manage resources, budget, schedule, customer engagement, and ensure high end-user satisfaction. -Additionally, the candidate must possess strong creative, communication, and collaboration skills.
• Leads, manages and integrates day to day execution of project activities in accordance with contract requirements and ensures technical, schedule, cost, and financial
• Defines project baseline then executes the program to comply with baseline requirements.
• Manages risk, customer and key stakeholder relationships.
• Ensures compliance with quality standards and escalates challenges to leadership.
• Supports project staff management.
• Serves as the primary customer contact for the project.
• Champions performance excellence and continuous service improvement.
• Interfaces with task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Requires a BA Degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of experience.
• Proven experience successfully managing budgets, schedule, and resources.
• Experience working with Agile software development methodology.
• Experience leading a matrixed team leveraging Agile/Scrum concepts.
• Familiarity with organizational change management including end user training.
• Experience creating and implementing plans per project goals and objectives.
• Demonstrates a high degree of customer service and team work.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Working knowledge of project management concepts as defined by PMI.
• Knowledge of ITIL concepts.
• Experience working in a highly matrixed organization.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• PMP Certification.
• ITIL v3 Foundations Certification.
• Experience working in the NASA environment.
• Experience with: ITSM, CMDB, Service Catalog, ITIL.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.