Leidos is seeking a Software Engineer for the Quantico, VA areas. In support of a DoD program, the engineer will develop, maintain and enhance complex and diverse software systems. The engineer will support research, engineering, and development of innovative solutions to support operational cyber missions. Work will consist of a wide range of projects to include: app/web design and development, securing devices including communications, integration and interface development of various security products, integration and interface development of various analytic products, implementation of automated behavioral analysis tools to monitor network traffic, integration of mobile capabilities for logistics, modernization of web-based user interfaces.
Tasks that will be performed:
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Perform software analysis, design, development and test of specific requirements related to Windows, Linux and mobile operating systems.
- Determine system and software specifications and architecture to meet customer requirements.
- US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
- Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Java, XML/XSL, mobile application programming, and database systems.
- Additional skills should include knowledge of mobile technologies, web services, SOA, C/C+, LINUX, encryption, security, and communications.
- Proficiency in computer applications, languages, technologies, set-up and configurations, trouble shooting, and system design.
- US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
- An active Top Secret clearance is required in order to be considered for this position.
- Must be willing to get a polygraph
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.