Leidos has an opportunity for a Senior Learning Management System Administrator at Lackland AFB in San Antonio, TX. Candidates must already possess a current TS/SCI security clearance in order to be considered. The LMS Administrator will assist the customer in implementing the LMS for the Air Force Cryptologic Office here at Lackland AFB, TX. The LMS Administrator will have overall responsibility for managing and maintaining the current LMS infrastructure and migration to the new LMS.
The LMS Administrator will be responsible for day-to-day administration of the Air Force Cryptologic Office’s (AFCO) LMS, including maintenance, support, and training. The candidate will coordinate with the Advance Analysis and Training Branch to create new programs and courses, and drive improvements and innovations related to the delivery of AFCO Cryptologic programs. The candidate will enhance and improve the learning environments used by AFCO and investigate ways in which AFCO can improve efficiencies through integrations, plug-ins, and other system add-ons. With an existing catalog of over 65 training applications/programs and a plan to produce 10 new training applications/programs each year, this role will require hands-on implementation, integration, and administration. Additionally, the candidate will look for ways to improve the student/user experience as they are engaged in learning.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the Learning Management System (LMS) by collaborating with a team of eLearning and development/production professionals including maintaining the LMS content quality, version control and archival information
- Provide end-user troubleshooting, issue remediation, technology request assistance and escalation management. Monitors reoccurring issues, system/data or process gaps and proactively identify potential sources of increased efficiency and enhancements
- Develops, builds and maintains all elements related to LMS functionality, including but not limited to content integrations and creation, curriculum programs, LMS structure, and reporting.
- Develops standardized LMS operational processes and procedures, guidelines and documentation and ensures LMS governance model is being followed.
- Lead and manage the integration of new e-learning applications
- Build and maintain all AFCO LMS integrations, components, plug-ins and connected products (ex. Amazon Web Services, API integration).
- Serve as a training resource to Student Services personnel who perform daily/regular functions within the LMS. Ensure best practices are presented and maintained.
- Ensures that training content is running properly at all times within the various learning platforms - without interruption, quality degradation, and without experiencing any avoidable technical issues that could diminish the overall user experience.
- Supervise, interact with, and serve as the liaison between 3rd Party vendors.
- Lead technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the LMS infrastructure.
- ·Collaborate with team to research and recommend training delivery technologies and evaluate existing e-learning solutions for future development opportunities.
- Collaborate with the application development team to decide which areas of training to develop and how they should be delivered.
- Work with team to modify instructional materials and identify opportunities to improve the overall effectiveness of training.
- Develop and project manages highly complex training projects relating to LMS improvement, course delivery, and content creation.
- Provide LMS training and support to internal and external staff, students, and users.
- Current TS/SCI security clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree (or 4 yrs exp) & 12 years of related experience OR Master's & 10 years, OR Associates & 14 years.
- Prior experience with LMS platforms and eLearning/Instructional design principles
- Understanding of eLearning standards including SCORM, AICC, and xAPI
- MUST have demonstrated expertise and proficiency with LMS/CMS systems, and must have an interest in emerging technologies
- Experience with cloud-based applications
- Knowledge of database software or relational database theory
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization and with different levels of technological understanding
- Coursework and/or certification relating to learning managements systems administration is preferred
- Ability to provide a portfolio of projects and/or case studies is a plus
- Good knowledge of design principles, patterns, and latest design trends with a strong eye for web typography, color, and layout
- Knowledge of the practical capabilities of HTML/CSS/JS
- Content Design and/or Content Management Experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.