Leidos is dedicated to making the world a safer place. This starts with helping our customers in the Defense Industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores; our dedicated Defense Group employees are solving critical challenges across the globe.
The QRC Airborne ISR Systems Division of the Airborne Solutions Group of Leidos currently has an opening for a Logistics Liaison Officer (LNO) supporting multiple Airborne Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance (AISR) Programs. Leidos is the Product Support Management and Logistics Lead for a manned aerial intelligence platform located in various CONUS and OCONUS operational areas and depots. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Leidos QRC AISR Systems Division.
The LNO is responsible for logistics coordination and supply flow for the program they support. LNO will monitor critical spares and consumables for their assigned program, plan and implement a logistics response to system failures or supply shortages, and support improvement of Performance Based Logistics Metrics. LNO will coordinating with technical staff to ensure maintenance actions are not impacted by administrative or logistics delay time. LNO will interface with Government logistics leads, site leads, OCONUS Logisticians, Systems Engineering & Integration, and other key staff to ensure response to all emerging requirements for their assigned program.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Bill of Material and System Requirements: LNO will work jointly with technical staff to define Bill of Material for build or upgrade efforts, research pricing and lead times jointly with procurement, and order equipment in a timeline consistent with schedule requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining program supply and spares levels, equipment, material, and services purchases for assigned operational sites. Monitors sparing level at forward sites of assigned responsibility.
- Liaise all purchase requirements initiated outside of the BOM process by interfacing with OCONUS logisticians, technical leads, program managers, procurement, and government approvers to verify purchase request details, validate the purchase is necessary, obtain purchase approval and track estimated and actual delivery dates to ensure schedule risks are not introduced due to delayed delivery (this includes Depot Maintenance purchases).
- Responsible for coordinating flow of equipment, material, spares, and consumables to maintain system health at forward sites. Includes coordinating transportation efforts to move program equipment, advising on hazardous shipping requests and supporting coordination for special handling equipment as required.
- Coordinate Disposition efforts by working with customer for approval of disposition, documenting the equipment to be dispositioned and coordinating with corporate property for entry into PCARSS.
- Responsible for tracking action items and response to customer directed tasks.
- Responsible for slide preparation and coordinating key staff for logistics meetings.
- Other logistics duties as assigned in response to contractual reporting or mission requirements.
- Bachelor Degree with minimum of one (1) year of logistics experience; additional experience may be used in lieu of degree
- Ability to organize cross-functional teams to implement a logistics response to urgent mission requirements.
- Familiar with Army transportation and transfer documentation
- Ability to monitor and manage the supply of several OCONUS locations and multiple mission systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Bachelor Degree and three (3) or more years of experience with Army logistics functions or supply chain management.
- Familiar with policy and resources used by Army logistics.
- Prior experience and demonstrated proficiency with asset management and maintenance tracking database software.
- Prior use or reporting of Performance Based Logistics Metrics (PBLM),
- Experience with maintenance planning, supply distribution, Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) planning and implementation and parts provisioning.
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.