Leidos has an opening for an Environmental Technician at NASA's Plum Brook Station in Sandusky, Ohio. The Environmental Technician will be a member of the Waste Management Team.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Proper management of hazardous materials, including the completion and review of waste profiles for: RCRA regulated hazardous waste, universal wastes, used oils, and infectious waste; TSCA regulated asbestos containing materials and PCBs
- Sampling of environmental media for characterization
- Underground Storage Tank (UST) inspections
- Spill response
- Review of property and equipment to be excessed for environmental and occupational hazards; and DOT transportation services.
Additional support may include personnel training, inspections, waste characterizations, review and maintain shipping and disposal records, completion of reports (weekly, monthly and annual), property decontamination and remediation, and other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or GED and 2-3 years of relevant experience, or Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Environmental Science or related field and 0-1 years of relevant experience.
- Candidate must be able to work under variable field conditions (weather, insects, and/or limited personnel and vehicle access).
- Candidate must be proficient with the use of Microsoft Office Suite, in particular, Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, for presentations, reports, and other uses.
- Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills as the position involves interfacing with client and on-site personnel.
- Have or have the ability to obtain Class C Commercial Driver’s License with a HazMat endorsement.
- Have the ability to perform continuous physical labor, including moving heavy drums up to 50 pounds.
- Must be capable of evaluating problems as they arise, be aware of what is happening around you, and understand how your own actions could impact team goals and objectives.
- Must be able to follow prescribed safety procedures at all times while performing various duties.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule and be on call for spill response.
- OSHA 40 hr. HAZWOPER.
- Prior experience working with hazardous materials, knowledge of RCRA disposal regulations, knowledge of DOT regulations.
- Proven experience with operating lift equipment, such as forklifts, straight trucks with lift gates, pallet jacks and drum dollies.
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance. If you are not a United States Citizen or Green Card holder, this check could take 12-18 months to complete.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Environmental Eng
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.