The Government Health & Safety Solutions group of Leidos' SSA Division is seeking an experienced mainframe software developer to support a large contract in the Baltimore, MD area.
The Senior Mainframe Developer will provide critical mainframe technical and subject matter expertise to Leidos’ suite of projects supporting the critical mission functions of the Social Security Administration (SSA), Office of Systems Architecture.
- Responsible for conforming to customer standards and requirements and will be involved in creating and maintaining code and database structures such as COBOL, Restructured Extended Executor (REXX), Job Control Language (JCL), CLIST, DB2, as well as numerous mainframe utility tools such as SYNCSORT, File-AID/Related Data XPERT (RDX), etc.
- Analyzing functionality of identified code to be replaced
- Discovering through research what programs/systems use the code, including meeting with users of the code as necessary
- Considering alternatives for replacing the code, for example, rewriting it in straightforward maintainable COBOL or finding existing utilities which perform the same function.
- Comprehensive testing of created code and ensuring that all code is reviewed and documented.
- Coordinating with users of the old code to transition to the new code.
- Responsible for unit testing and validation against desired outcomes.
- The resource is expected to function as Sr member of a team inclusive of performing as team lead as required, maintain a high level of collaboration with SSA of customers, and must demonstrate excellent communication skills to ensure success.
- Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must demonstrates the experience and ability to work with senior Agency technical managers and staff to provide expert-level support for Agency application design (including systems requirements), development, testing, and maintenance support efforts.
- Possesses experience in identifying and recommending best practices. Demonstrates the experience and ability to serve as the key coordinator among multiple project teams and/or components to ensure enterprise-wide consistency of application development efforts.
- Must have advanced experience in multi-platform environment, inclusive of IBM z/OS (OS/390/MVS), for developing and maintaining application software systems utilizing, for example, COBOL, REXX, JCL, CLIST, Java.
- Must possess advanced experience or knowledge of querying data using SPUFI, QMF, and SQL.
Experience in Federal Government sector / Social Security Administration contractual support.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.