The Government Health & Safety Solutions group of Leidos' SSA Division is seeking an experienced mainframe software developer to support a large contract in the Baltimore, MD area.
The Mainframe Developer will provide critical mainframe technical and subject matter expertise to Leidos’ suite of projects supporting the critical mission functions of the Social Security Administration (SSA), Office of Systems Architecture.
- Responsible for conforming to customer standards and requirements and will be involved in creating and maintaining code and database structures such as COBOL, Restructured Extended Executor (REXX), Job Control Language (JCL), CLIST, DB2, as well as numerous mainframe utility tools such as SYNCSORT, File-AID/Related Data XPERT (RDX), Control-M, etc.
- Responsible for unit testing, batch job execution, and validation against desired outcomes.
- The resource is expected to function as part of a team and to maintain a high level of collaboration with SSA customers.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills to ensure success.
- Requires BS degree and minimum 5 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must demonstrate the experience and ability to work with senior Agency technical managers and staff to provide advanced-level support for Agency application design (including systems requirements), development, testing, and maintenance support efforts.
- Possesses experience in identifying and recommending best practices. Demonstrates the experience and ability to serve as a coordinator among multiple project teams and/or components to ensure enterprise-wide consistency of application development efforts.
- Must have experience in multi-platform environment, inclusive of IBM z/OS (OS/390/MVS), for developing and maintaining application software systems utilizing, for example, COBOL, REXX, JCL, CLIST, Java.
- Must possess experience or knowledge of querying data using SPUFI, QMF, and SQL.
Experience in Federal Government sector / Social Security Administration contractual support.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.